Divided Reigns - What's Next

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update for Divided Reigns talks about what comes next.

What's Next for Divided Reigns

Achievements, new end-game dungeons, seasonal events, and more!

To everyone who's purchased and reviewed Divided Reigns so far, we want to thank you! Every sale and heartfelt review means the world to us! It really does!

Working Achievements

It's been a huge sore spot that our achievements haven't been working correctly. That is now fixed! Visiting the world map will grant you any achievements you have previously earned.

Huge shout out to the developer of Killer Gin which you can find here:

In a moment where they could have been competitive and said, "lol, sux to be u" to us, they instead took the high road and helped us get our achievements working. If you haven't already, we highly encourage you to go check out Killer Gin, another recent great RPG maker game on Steam!

Big Update

• Achievements are now working!
  • Customizable keyboard controls (Go to the options menu
  • Fixed fullscreen/windowed modes
  • TONS of bug fixes
[...]

What's next for Divided Reigns

We have a lot of content we are planning, but up first is our two (yes two) huge, extra hard end-game dungeons! We are planning on release of these dungeons sometime summer 2021.

Also, our first regular seasonal event will be Halloween. All seasonal events, additional content, dlc, etc. will ALWAYS be free. No microtransactions EVER!

If you are enjoying Divided Reigns, please take a moment to review it. It helps us tremendously!

Thank you and enjoy!
Happy Adventuring!

-Andrew Ryan Henke
-Adam Dover
More information.

This game is very well done...I'm really enjoying the demo which is 8 hours in itself.

I gave the demo a try as well. It's seems ok for what it is, but it's pretty generic. The writing in particular is stereotypical SNES-era JRPG.

The battle system is solid, but it's just a copy of the TB side-view that we've seen countless times by now. The only thing different is that certain kinds of attacks are only available with certain weapons, and you can level up those attacks the more you use them.

Without playing it, or knowing anything about the game, let me try to guess some things:

- White male protagonist, obvious white female love interest, that has been long time/childhood friend.
- The protagonist is a generic warrior/knight type, with a stereotypically noble moral compass way above the standards of anyone around him.
- The female love interest is either an archer/rogue or a healer/support that won't tell him directly that she has the biggest crush in history on him, but gets very obviously upset when the protagonist is object from flirtation by other female characters/NPCs.
- Although natural born leader, battleground expert, and advanced tactic master, the protagonist is completely oblivious to the obvious crush that the female sidekick has on him. He can read the minds of enemies he never met before, but not the stuttering in his lifetime friend's words.
- There is some evil king somewhere leading some huge evil army, using the dirtiest battle tactics or unfair numbers advantage to win every battle. Our protagonist wouldn't use either of those, always taking the honorable approach, and always fighting at odds.
- The protagonist will win battle by battle, have some setbacks here and there, and eventually defeat the evil king and unite the realms in a new era of peace and prosperity, together with his obvious love interest that at some point three million years later than everyone else around him noticed that had a crush on him.

So there, I've beat this game. I am now owner of 40+ extra hours of my finite time and less importantly but still worth mentioning, extra £10ish to invest in a game I actually haven't played before. Maybe one using real graphics and assets that belong to the year 2021.

Without playing it, or knowing anything about the game, let me try to guess some things:

- White male protagonist, obvious white female love interest, that has been long time/childhood friend.
- The protagonist is a generic warrior/knight type, with a stereotypically noble moral compass way above the standards of anyone around him.
- The female love interest is either an archer/rogue or a healer/support that won't tell him directly that she has the biggest crush in history on him, but gets very obviously upset when the protagonist is object from flirtation by other female characters/NPCs.
- Although natural born leader, battleground expert, and advanced tactic master, the protagonist is completely oblivious to the obvious crush that the female sidekick has on him. He can read the minds of enemies he never met before, but not the stuttering in his lifetime friend's words.
- There is some evil king somewhere leading some huge evil army, using the dirtiest battle tactics or unfair numbers advantage to win every battle. Our protagonist wouldn't use either of those, always taking the honorable approach, and always fighting at odds.
- The protagonist will win battle by battle, have some setbacks here and there, and eventually defeat the evil king and unite the realms in a new era of peace and prosperity, together with his obvious love interest that at some point three million years later than everyone else around him noticed that had a crush on him.

So there, I've beat this game. I am now owner of 40+ extra hours of my finite time and less importantly but still worth mentioning, extra £10ish to invest in a game I actually haven't played before. Maybe one using real graphics and assets.

Actually no....I'm not goiung to bother going through your dreck as your white male/white female say a lot really....a bit racist even.

The rest of your stuff is basically every rpg...

@Nereida;
Spoiler Alert: You are completely wrong - Ailfred is not a generic RPG character by any means.

… and I expected nothing less from the author of Einlanzer - Andrew Ryan Henke - story-wise one of the very best RPGs of the last few years.

Actually no….I'm not goiung to bother going through your dreck as your white male/white female say a lot really….a bit racist even.

The rest of your stuff is basically every rpg…

*basically every RPG Maker game, you mean.

As a note, seems like the most popular argument anyone has in these boards lately is ad hominem. I can see why half the threads are going up in flames, makes it difficult to even want to give any opinion about anything.

But thanks for confirming I am right, bigotry aside. Makes me feel better about the time/money saved.

If people haven't played Einlanzer to date, and enjoy rpg-maker type games, you really should. It's a lot of fun. I might even try to do a replay before grabbing this product, simply to refresh myself on goodness. Although Fell Seal is doing that pretty well all on its own.

Fell Seal was a pretty great game. I need to find the time and motivation to give it another go with the DLC, but I remember having a good time with it, from start to finish.

Yeah it's been entertaining me now for several weeks. Every battle that I engage now I almost semi-dread, in the sense that the game might end. At least I've another lined up afterwards yet I don't envy the next game trying to compete with the pleasure that Fell Seal has brought.

*basically every RPG Maker game, you mean.

As a note, seems like the most popular argument anyone has in these boards lately is ad hominem. I can see why half the threads are going up in flames, makes it difficult to even want to give any opinion about anything.

But thanks for confirming I am right, bigotry aside. Makes me feel better about the time/money saved.

If you think you are right great, I don't think so though.

The game has a lot of charm and I went in skeptical as some rpg maker games are bad, this one won me over...this one has a 8 hour demo that you can try without spending a cent....yet here you write all this.

I don't know why people feel it's fine to make white male/white female as some sort of negative...I know it doesn't belong on this forum.

I don't know why people feel it's fine to make white male/white female as some sort of negative…I know it doesn't belong on this forum.

It's not a negative, just as any of the other things I wrote down were negative. To me it's just "more of the same". A lot of people enjoy when the main characters are nuanced, or even evil. When the plot isn't about going against an evil empire, against all odds, and returning peace, harmony, and rainbows. And definitely some people enjoy when the protagonist is a female, a non-human, or at least not plot-locked from the get-go to have a pre-school female friend tagging along to be his love interest. Hell, I'd even love another standard male white knight protagonist if he could at least choose a same-sex love interest, or be older than 17 while already somehow being the general of an army. I'm tired of playing the same teenager love story in every damn game.

There is a variety of people in the world that would enjoy seeing someteyhing different now and then, and it should not offend you to see it spelled out. Now if you think that the game is still charming and worth playing, that is all good. Enjoy it, my opinion should not affect you in any way either, much less provoke you into picking a fight with me.

Just give your opinion, be happy and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom