What games are you playing now? - Page 695 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

May 25th, 2021, 22:49
The tragic consequence of a giant crab falling in love with a stone golem, the resultant offspring of stone crabs!

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)

May 26th, 2021, 00:43
I really enjoyed Kingdom Come Deliverance until I found a game stopping bug that won't let me go forwards in the main quest. So frustrating. Reloaded. Tried talking with everyone in the monastery, but to no avail. I just can't trigger getting admitted to the monastery.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/37943…xKvY-OVfapUI8Y

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 26th, 2021, 03:12
Ouch Vanedor, that truly sucks. And for as long as the game's been out now, it should have some kind of resolution for that issue.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

May 27th, 2021, 06:04
I took a break from Days Gone to try out Biomutant. It's interesting to say the least, but I don't think it's for me.

It started out well enough. the character creation has a good amount of depth, and the game is quite customizable. You can adjust things like quest markers, damage indicators, and how often the narrator talks.

Combat is fun but can get really chaotic. You can't manually lock on to enemies, so I often find my aim bouncing from one to another when engaged with a group.

The world looks decent, but I was expecting the graphics to be a little better tbh. Even on max settings, it doesn't quite seem on par with other recently released games. I'm guessing that's probably a result of the long development cycle.

What I don't like is the exaggerated silliness of the world. I'm ok with the animal people and the art style, but the lore and dialogue is like something from a Saturday morning cartoon.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
+1:

May 28th, 2021, 07:32
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I took a break from Days Gone to try out Biomutant. It's interesting to say the least, but I don't think it's for me.

It started out well enough. the character creation has a good amount of depth, and the game is quite customizable. You can adjust things like quest markers, damage indicators, and how often the narrator talks.

Combat is fun but can get really chaotic. You can't manually lock on to enemies, so I often find my aim bouncing from one to another when engaged with a group.

The world looks decent, but I was expecting the graphics to be a little better tbh. Even on max settings, it doesn't quite seem on par with other recently released games. I'm guessing that's probably a result of the long development cycle.

What I don't like is the exaggerated silliness of the world. I'm ok with the animal people and the art style, but the lore and dialogue is like something from a Saturday morning cartoon.
Regarding the silliness: Maybe the target audience of this game is mostly kids/teenagers?

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 28th, 2021, 07:42
I'm currently playing a space 4X game called Interstellar Space: Genesis. It's a spiritual successor to MOO2 with turn based combat.

My first game was a blast and I stayed up way too late. The start is slow, like most 4X games and the AI was a cakewalk on easy difficulty.

I started a new game on a higher difficulty to see if the AI is a challenge, but I haven't gotten very far yet.

The graphics and the sound effects are alright, but not much more. The music is good, ambient and not intrusive.

The combat can probably be fun, but on easy the fights were too small and I was way ahead of the AI so no challenge whatsoever. It seems very similar to MOO2 battles.

All in all it was worth the money and time spent this far. And they are making more content and patches, so maybe it can reach great levels.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

May 28th, 2021, 08:21
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
Regarding the silliness: Maybe the target audience of this game is mostly kids/teenagers?
I think it's just a style the devs liked, but it's possible that it could be more appealing to the younger generation. I can't say I'm very familiar with what teenagers are playing lately.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 28th, 2021, 08:29
I think it's just a style the devs liked, but it's possible that it could be more appealing to the younger generation. I can't say I'm very familiar with what teenagers are playing lately.
My daughter is 11 and when I build a new computer (whenever prices and availability are sane again), she'll get my current rig. So in two years time I can probably answer what teenagers play

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

May 28th, 2021, 13:48
I can't say I'm very familiar with what teenagers are playing lately.
Whatever they play, it is most likely on the "most popular gaming system in the world" … i.e. a smartphone.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

May 28th, 2021, 16:05
@JDR13 Regarding Days Gone: I did look at it. It seemed to have a lot of chit-chat and angst and cut scenes and such. So I never picked it up. I want to craft weapons and armor and then kill things with what I craft. I also need lots of loot with a ton of variety. I may give Days Gone a look again once it goes cheap; if it ever does. Thanks for the reminder.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

May 28th, 2021, 16:08
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Whatever they play, it is most likely on the "most popular gaming system in the world" … i.e. a smartphone.
Yep, I can't play games on one due to the size of the screen but it makes sense that it'd be the most popular system, due to it being a phone and chat device too.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

May 28th, 2021, 17:40
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Ouch Vanedor, that truly sucks. And for as long as the game's been out now, it should have some kind of resolution for that issue.
Yeah, pretty sad it has not been fixed. Such an amazing game but it seems it has not been supported properly. I saw quite a lot of bugs… but that one has some dire consequences.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

May 28th, 2021, 17:42
I have Kingdom Come, I've just not gotten around to trying it out as of yet. It's on the list!! Actually might take a peek at it once I'm done with Pathfinder.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 28th, 2021, 19:07
Absolutely loved Kingdom come. The combat is as close as you get to actually feeling like you're mastering a skill.

skally_wag

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

May 28th, 2021, 20:20
Originally Posted by skally_wag View Post
Absolutely loved Kingdom come. The combat is as close as you get to actually feeling like you're mastering a skill.
Combat are cool are certainly accurate, but what I found the most impressive aspect of the game was how the world was depicted. People relation to religion. The harsh reality of war. The relation between the nobility and the "low-borns". Hunting. Reading. etc It's not the first game that make cities/villages feel alive. Elder's Scroll and PB games are famous for this. But imo, it's the first time I saw this in a historic and coherent world.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

May 28th, 2021, 20:22
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
Yeah, pretty sad it has not been fixed. Such an amazing game but it seems it has not been supported properly. I saw quite a lot of bugs₦ but that one has some dire consequences.
Open world RPGs usally have the most bugs. Dan Vvra posted a lengthy interview where he talked about how they fixed one bug and broke something else.

Only game breaking bug I had was an assault mission. Instead of counting the kills for the enemy the game thought it was my solderers. I had to cheat to move forward.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

May 28th, 2021, 21:35
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
@JDR13 Regarding Days Gone: I did look at it. It seemed to have a lot of chit-chat and angst and cut scenes and such. So I never picked it up. I want to craft weapons and armor and then kill things with what I craft. I also need lots of loot with a ton of variety. I may give Days Gone a look again once it goes cheap; if it ever does. Thanks for the reminder.
It does focus on a story, but it's a good one. You spend most of your time exploring and killing things though. There's also quite a bit of crafting, although it doesn't compare to a true survival game.

It's worth the price, but you might as well wait if you just started playing something else.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 29th, 2021, 22:38
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Open world RPGs usally have the most bugs. Dan Vávra posted a lengthy interview where he talked about how they fixed one bug and broke something else.
That makes sense. So much choice and consequences to deal with.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

May 30th, 2021, 21:19
Last night I started playing a game called Pillars of Dust. It seems to be a throwback game, maybe to the late eighties/early nineties, in that it reminds me most of some old crpg from Nintendo or something. I've only played maybe three hours so far, I'm quite enjoying the story and the combat is engaging, with some good fun and giggles along the way.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 31st, 2021, 11:26
started a new profile in euro truck sim 2
also gonna start a replay of asscreed series (only the ones with desmond)
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?