King's Bounty II - Pre-Order Trailer - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King's Bounty II - Pre-Order Trailer

Default King's Bounty II - Pre-Order Trailer

June 10th, 2021, 03:57
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Something though has really changed in the past ten years, to where there's a decent chance that a new game, when released, simply won't be fully functional for a variety of reasons. I don't recall anything even close to this phenomena back in the eighties and nineties, I'm not sure if the work involved just got more shoddy or if laziness crept in somewhere along the line.
My opinion is back then you didn't have high speed internet. So developers tried to release a game in good condition. Nowadays they can patch it later with updates.

It was both a blessing and a curse.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 06:46
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Of course there's drawbacks, you're buying a game before you know if it's actually going to be any good and setting yourself up for a sunk cost fallacy.
When you buy it on regular release, you still don't know if it's any good.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Old World
Last edited by Morrandir; June 10th, 2021 at 08:08.

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 10:13
Of course you do, that's the whole point of the review system that human beings have developed for media releases over the past century. And now we have the internet we can actually watch people playing the game before purchasing as well, so I'm not just talking about LOL@reviewers of old.

This avenue could be useful to you:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=why+yo…0FB4F9C2EF23BC

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 11:55
Yep, so the crucial moment is not the regular release but the moment when (enough) information is available.
This might be before the release (during pre-order phase) or some time after the release.

Obiously if there isn't enough information available before release, a pre-order has a drawback. You just can't generalize from that that it always has a drawback.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Old World

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 15:29
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I'm not intereted in an realistic looking game of this sort.
Unlike you, I am.
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
has denuvo shit, no $ from me
Denuvo is not something that'd stop me buying a title.
The game's content however can.

I will not preorder this. And I do not trust beta reviews.
Will the game be a part of my collection depends on the postrelease impressions. If noone states it's too grindy, irritating or boring, count me in.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
+1:

June 10th, 2021, 20:25
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Something though has really changed in the past ten years, to where there's a decent chance that a new game, when released, simply won't be fully functional for a variety of reasons. I don't recall anything even close to this phenomena back in the eighties and nineties, I'm not sure if the work involved just got more shoddy or if laziness crept in somewhere along the line.
I would even say :

"Something though has really changed in the past ten years, to where there's a decent chance that a new game won't have any light comic look."

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Unlike you, I am.
Then you must be satisfied by this myriad of realistic looking games these times.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King's Bounty II - Pre-Order Trailer