Waylander coming to Kickstarter 16 October!

Strangely the news thread about it appears to have been deleted.

Probably due to our talk about controversy's.

It has happened before from Kickstarter developers asking mods to delete comments, or threads they perceive will hurt their crowd-funding projects.

Especially the Realms Beyond developer.

I wonder if they've delayed the KS, and that's why they asked for the news to be taken down. A bit naughty to just delete all that significant information you posted, though.

Probably due to our talk about controversy's.

It has happened before from Kickstarter developers asking mods to delete comments, or threads they perceive will hurt their crowd-funding projects.

Especially the Realms Beyond developer.

In the case of RB I don't think anything was deleted though. Eye moved part of the thread to OT or politics subforum since the discussion was focused more on the former writer's political views than the game itself. This time the thread appears to have been completely deleted. And I'd argue what I said about Gato Studio is relevant to the game's development.

Last edited:
In the case of RB I don't think anything was deleted though. Eye moved part of the thread to OT or politics subforum since the discussion was focused more on the former writer's political views than the game itself. This time the thread appears to have completely vanished…
Not vanished it got deleted or marked as private.

Don't forget I was a news-editor at one point.

It's a simple click of a button in the editor program.

I rarely used it except for duplicate news posts.

Just noticed this thread…

For the record (and I did post this elsewhere as well), the deletion was a mistake. I received a mail with information about the kickstarter under embargo (such a thing happens on occasion). Silver posted about the kickstarter while the embargo was active and I deleted it because of that.
I understood after I did that, that the developers had decided to break the press embargo themselves and publish the date, but not the time, which would have allowed us to do the same and which Silver has done, although he did not know about the embargo.

Looking back the deletion of the post and thread was a mistake, but as it was already close to the end of the embargo time when I found out it was a mistake and that undeleting news posts require a manual database change (which are a bit cumbersome), I figured I'd just post the official news from the embargo mail instead.

That said, I think the forum thread can still be undeleted, but probably it is a moot point by now.

I agree it's a moot point now, but your integrity in recapping what happened only reinforces why this is such a great gaming site. My thanks again for all that you do here, and also to those that assist.

Back
Top Bottom