RPGWatch - Going to Gamescom

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
This year we are going to be at Gamescom again and at the moment the following games are on the schedule:

• Children of Morta
  • Conglomerate 451
  • Dark Envoy
  • The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics
  • Dolmen
  • The Falconeer
  • Gamedec
  • King's Bounty II
  • Legend of Keepers
  • Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory
  • Solasta: Crown of the Magister
  • Starpoint Gemini
  • Stygian
  • The Waylanders
That is definitely a list with some non-high profile indie games there :)

What I have requests for, but still no responses up to now are:

• Bloodlines 2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Greedfall
  • Wasteland 3
Some of the publishers for these I have contacted in various ways and still have no response, so I doubt they will all materialize (if any). Either the mails are going into their spam folder, are rejected by their server, sent to the wronf recipient or is just ignored.

Larian has no presence on Gamescom. Swen isn't going, some others are, perhaps I can talk to someone else about BG3, but I have no response about that either.

More information.

Last edited:
As far as I know they are not there.

I am very interested in hearing about The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics! Dark Crystal Lore + Tactics = take my money

Hey @Myrthos;,

How about news regarding Solasta: Crown of the Magister and GloomHaven ? Both games are being published by French studios

How about news regarding Solasta: Crown of the Magister and GloomHaven ? Both games are being published by French studios
I don't know if they are, or are not at Gamescom. They weren't on my checklist.

I don't know if they are, or are not at Gamescom. They weren't on my checklist.

But could you check if they will be there?

I like the list of confirmations. It's always better to have indies covered mainstream media isn't interested in, than chasing games everyone and their mother will talk about everywhere. ;)

Another vote for Solasta: Crown of the Magister if they do attend Gamescom.

Gloomhaven developer and publisher are both not listed in the Gamescom database

Tactical Adventures (Solasta) appear to be there. As I already have maxed out on the number of games, I'll add this to the backlog of games I'll visit when some of the other queries yield no results.

It happens with every Gamescom. Publishers announce the game just before or at the first day of Gamescom, for publicity purposes. For a short moment a lot of press probably writes about this previously unannounced game.
I don't know how effective it is though, given there is so much news during Gamescom.

Really only Interested in seeing more off at the moment: Dark Envoy and The Waylanders, not really sure about the rest.

Don't want to see more off below as I have already committed to buy
Bloodlines 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Greedfall
Stygian
Wasteland 3

Stygian and Conglomerate 451 have been confirmed and in the process also a yet unannounced RPG.

Egosoft will be there with their Split DLC, but that's really not an RPG.

I don't have an actual project to suggest, and it appears that your time is fully booked, so I'll just say that I look forward to reading any and all thoughts after the show has wrapped.

Stygian and Conglomerate 451 have been confirmed and in the process also a yet unannounced RPG.

Don't understand what you need to contact the publishers about.

Because for most games I am visiting the publisher booth in the closed off section, where I get to meet one or more developers that talk about their game and who I get to ask questions as well.
Some of the indie games I will see are in the public hall 10, so anyone can meet the devs, but having an appointment ensures that they have time for me.

Often I am contacting press agencies who handle the contacts for the publishers or developers.

Ah, that makes sense. Was going to offer to put you in touch with Stygian, but I can't tell if "Stygian and Conglomerate 451 have been confirmed" means you need that or don't need that. Obviously I don't know what's going on, but I'm jealous that you'll be there!
:)

Back
Top Bottom