Faery - Coming to PC Soon

Anyone hear anything about this ? The art is fantastic, hows it play.

My girlfriend is thrilled . I think I'm just gonna watch her play it , like watching a movie

Reminds me a little bit of Zanzarah ... I think I should give the people at Funatics a link towards that ...

Reminds me a little bit of Zanzarah … I think I should give the people at Funatics a link towards that …

I remember that game. It was an interesting combination of action-adventure and card game. I think it was released in 2003.

I'm in.

While the look of Faery is different, I'm reminded of that ELf game (?) that looked so promising about 2 years ago but was stopped in development.

OTH, this game has a Venetica look and feel to it. Regardless, it's nice to now have 3 games to look forward to this year (Deus Ex & Witcher being the other).

I played it on XBLA. It's okay, nothing to write home about. The turn-based combat gets pretty old. I played on the default setting, so maybe if you play on a higher difficulty, there is more challenge to it, but I found it pretty tedious after a while. The repetitive character models and lack of voice acting hurt it a bit, though I wasn't expecting a whole lot from an arcade title. Environments are kind of nice, and it's fun to flitter about, though.

I'd give it a 6 or so, maybe a 7 if you are in the mood for fairy-tale-inspired, turn-based combat.

It's an ok game. Nothing ground breaking about it, but not bad especially if you crave some TB combat. One annoyance was that some of the skills still are not fixed or at least one of them isn't.

You physically upgrade your fairy and that chooses what skills you will have. I made the mistake of choosing an air based skill at the start and could not upgrade my fairy's wings to make stronger air based attacks because there was no upgrade for air. There were for fire and water (I think it was water), but not air. Annoyed me a little, but not a game breaker for me.

It's a fun little game with some quirky characters, but it definitely isn't for everyone.

early 2011? well it should be then released…...YESTERDAY!

ps. the thread your linking is fraggin OOLLDDD!

Played it, beat it. Loved it. Like Grotesque, it was a light TBS weekend game that spilled out of the weekend a bit. Not too heavy, not too light - just right for the money.

It's all about how you design your character, and how much youre into/good with the flight control. I did a dark little faery w/ a scorpion tail and horns, and rolled w/ the Leprachaun and the others destroying everything in my path. I went total damage spec/evil-snarky response on everything. Flying around was half the fun, I had a great time flying around exploring all the game.

If you can get it cheap, I totally recommend it but dont expect much more than a light tbs/rpg weekend game high on graphic wow appeal and immersion, and low on frustration and difficulty.

I remember that game. It was an interesting combination of action-adventure and card game. I think it was released in 2003.

I wouldn't call it a card game. At least I aven't played any card games in this sense on the PC.

People often referred it to Pokemon, and that's why it idn't sell. Because Pokemon is childish.

Zanzarah is the only game which had made me lost my way inside of a wood.

Back
Top Bottom