C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - First-Person Poll

Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077 First-Person Perspective?

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
To give the mods a little help here is a new poll about how everyone feels about the first-person perspective chosen for Cyberpunk 2077. As for me I have no problem with it.

Also I like to add it's how I play Fallout and the latest Elders Scroll games anyway.:)

I voted love it. Even though i love TW3, I wish the TW3 was first person as well.

So… you want people to give their opinion on the perspective in a game that no one has played yet or even seen in-game? :)

This should be interesting.

Third person is a contrived construct that gives players too much information - more than they would realistically have in the scenario at question. People are just up in arms because they've grown used to this artificial construct [third person] promoted in the past ~15 years.

This should be interesting.
Yes it will as the internet is in uproar about this right now.:)

Anyway it's only your opinion about it being chosen in Cyberpunk 2077.

Yeah, I got that. My point is that people are really only going to be giving their opinion of first-person in general.

the internet is in uproar about this…[/COLOR]
You mean mushrooms addicts.
To be honest I'm neutral, everything works for me. But in this particular case, I'm gonna take FP side just because I'm evil mf and douchebag. Whoever has a problem with that, where were you when I thumbed down Neptunia.

I've always felt 3rd person is more of a Console view, it works better with controllers than with M&K (in my opinion anyway). The other way around it's even more so, M&K is superior in FP view.

I am and will probably always be a PC man at heart, so for me 1st person is always the superior choice, and given the choice (like in the later FO or TES games) I've never even considered going with 3rd person view.

The Wizardrys or MM's would have looked pretty silly in 3rd person, so I heavily disagree 3rd person is the "RPGiest" choice… (Yes, I know Cyberpunk isn't THAT kind of RPG, but still).

The Wizardrys or MM's would have looked pretty silly in 3rd person, so I heavily disagree 3rd person is the "RPGiest" choice… (Yes, I know Cyberpunk isn't THAT kind of RPG, but still).

That's kind of a strange analysis. Wizardry and MM were blobbers so of course they were in first-person. I don't see how first vs third person has anything to do with making something more or less of an RPG.

I also don't think it has anything to do with the gaming platform.

That's kind of a strange analysis. Wizardry and MM were blobbers so of course they were in first-person. I don't see how first vs third person has anything to do with making something more or less of an RPG.

I agree. I was referring to people claiming FP makes it less of an RPG. I would also find it ridiculous if someone thought 3rd person would make it less of an RPG. I understand perfectly why someone prefers one or the other though, that's all valid.

Edit: Regarding platform no, but regarding which control system to use I feel there's a difference. I will admit that might only be how I feel about it though, it might not be the general opinion?

First-person definitely controls better with M+K if that's what you mean. That hasn't seemed to hinder the development of first-person games on consoles though.

First-person definitely controls better with M+K if that's what you mean. That hasn't seemed to hinder the development of first-person games on consoles though.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. And I'll take your word on the 1st person on consoles, I haven't played a 1st person game on console since...hmm...James Bond Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 perhaps? I use the console for Sports Games and perhaps the odd JRPG, that's about it.

I prefer FP but... why can't has both?

I prefer FP but… why can't has both?

They want the game to be an immersive sim, that means they designed the UI and gameplay in function of 1st person to make it as immersive and seamless as possible in term of interactions.

You can move during conversation and there are cases that looking at specific things during conversation will trigger special NPC's behavior or give you special dialogue choices (example given included, fixing hidden objects and spotting NPC's tattoos), the UIs are eye implants/cybertech that you can change/upgrade or touch screen/keypad devices you can interact with, the sense of verticalness and claustrophobic feel of the gameworld is greater in first person as well.

You wouldn't have a scene where getting an eye upgrade means you are looking at your self from your own eye 3rd feet away from his socket in 3rd person too.

Other...whatever the hell that means.
Seriously, just curious, how hard is it to just make third person an option for running/exploration without HUD features, switching automatically to First Person with any dialogue, gameplay, interaction.
Seems bizarre they're cutting even 1% of sales. Know a few people who didn't buy Witcher since it didn't have the opposite( First Person for just exploring).

Other…whatever the hell that means.
Just what it means you have a different opinion then what I posted. As I'm not making fifteen choices that are just different variants of the same option to pick.

Last edited:
Seems bizarre they're cutting even 1% of sales. Know a few people who didn't buy Witcher since it didn't have the opposite( First Person for just exploring).

It's not bizarre at all if third person introduces design elements that work against what they've laid out.

You may as well harp on them for not including multiplayer - surely people will refrain from buying because it's only single player - but it's part of the design and changing that to cater to a different audience affects that design.

It's not bizarre at all if third person introduces design elements that work against what they've laid out.

Ehh, not sure, I think I've seen a mod for third Person Deliverance. Works pretty well, except for combat, ofc.
I think they underestimate how much ( some) players like playing dress up with their characters. Don't really care about it most FP stealth or shooters, but this game should come with a boatload of outfits, crazy customization options, etc...N1 rule of the setting is attitude and style.

Back
Top Bottom