Starcrawlers mini-review

So this is like Worlds of Xeen with a more sci-fi setting. Hmmm. I might pick this up and play it the next time I'm in the mood for the older Might and Magic games. It looks like it would do the trick.

Is there no way to leave the main story missions once you start them? I'm in a situation now where I've run out of healing items, and I still have most of the map left to explore. It's not letting me use an exit and return to base like the optional missions do.

Is there no other option besides reverting to an earlier save? Pretty lame design decision if that's the case.

Yes, the only option is to quit out of story missions if you are unable to complete them in one go. You will revert to the autosave the game made prior to entering the mission.

picked this up from GOG due to this thread, I'm struggling to complete my third or fourth mission, just too many enemies.
Might have to go back and choose quests more carefully, but you don't get much info…

edit - update after a few more hours, enjoyable game but a bit lacking in variety. Quests do have a challenge factor so that was me, ability system seems to be a bit of a lottery what works and what doesn't and the crafting/upgrade system has taken a while to sink in.

happy overall though, many hours left and feel as though I'm getting my money's worth for the £11 I paid from GOG

Last edited:
Looks like the creators of this game released some more content for free rather than making owners pay for it. I'll be checking out the new content on my next play through, don't know when that will be, but now I have incentive!

I need to get back to this. Tried looking for a guide, but seems they change everything, from patch to patch, and they keep on updating.
Is it too much to ask for some permanency here?

Yeah I'm hearing a lot seems to have changed within the game structure itself. I wasn't expecting that, so I might give this one a bit more time to settle down before I peek in to check out the new content.

Looks like the creators of this game released some more content for free rather than making owners pay for it. I'll be checking out the new content on my next play through, don't know when that will be, but now I have incentive!

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't seen the announcement. It looks like a pretty comprehensive update - and a good excuse to give it another spin!

Back
Top Bottom