Microsoft announced that it had bought the studio outright .

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
What's up here? Microsoft on the warpath ?

It appears Microsoft purchased the maker of We happy Few and a bunch of other developers at E3 ?
-
Er:
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17446694/microsoft-xbox-internal-studios-exclusives
---
I hope they don't require all these folks to become ms store exclusive. This reminds me when the yankees use to go around destroying other baseball teams by acquiring all the key players of their opponents every year.

Damn - Ninja Theory is among them. I liked their work.

Well, We Happy Few is being displayed on GoG store. The article says "That title is being published by Gearbox for both Xbox One, Windows and PlayStation 4; it’s unclear if Microsoft’s acquisition will change those plans."

I can clearly say those plans won't be changed, lest Microsoft got sued for contract break.

We Happy Few is grandfathered; the question is what happens with their next game... (hopefully the developer had a long term publishing contract with someone).

Well, We Happy Few is being displayed on GoG store. The article says "That title is being published by Gearbox for both Xbox One, Windows and PlayStation 4; it’s unclear if Microsoft’s acquisition will change those plans."

I can clearly say those plans won't be changed, lest Microsoft got sued for contract break.

Maybe they're not so happy anymore. ;)

I was suddenly reminded of what a leech is ...

Makes sense for Ninja Theory though. Sony is doing very well with character driven, cinematic action games ( Naughty Dog, GOW, etc)...and that's something NT has been doing from the start. If they get additional funding and don't mess with production, we could get something good or better on Xbox/Pc.

Ok this is where I am being pessimistic as it hasn't happen yet but I expect the games (like sony) to eventually become MS store exclusives because that is microsoft way. If they develop for linux or macos i expect MS to forbid it for future games. I expect ...
-
Naturally current games in late development or existing contracts will not see this happen so we shall have to wait and see but historically......

Makes sense for Ninja Theory though. Sony is doing very well with character driven, cinematic action games ( Naughty Dog, GOW, etc)…and that's something NT has been doing from the start. If they get additional funding and don't mess with production, we could get something good or better on Xbox/Pc.

Naturally current games in late development or existing contracts will not see this happen so we shall have to wait and see but historically……
Old history, maybe. Now Microsoft is working hard to get Visual Studio working on Macs and Linux. SQL Server already does Linux.

The OS wars are over, it's all about Azure/Amazon/Whatever now.

Back
Top Bottom