Elden Ring - Gameplay Trailer & Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The release date for Elden Ring has been confirmed as 21st January 2022. Also check out some gameplay footage.

From Software's completely new work "ELDEN RING" is an action RPG title that explores overwhelming unknowns and threats in the world of full-scale dark fantasy.

Release date: January 21, 2022 (Friday)
Thanks danutz_plusplus!

More information.

ELDEN RING English Official Gameplay Reveal

Rise, Tarnished.
Edit: Same video just in all English.;)

Last edited:
Because why finish a book series I've been waiting for since the mid-90's?!

Oh did it bother you. Then I succeeded.:p

Fun Fact: Some people can't hear to well and need subtitles…Nah I just love bothering certain members your #1. It's also another post to add to my total amount.:biggrin:

Last edited:
George R. R. Martin actually has nothing do with the game other then writing the lore. The rest of the story writing and missions was done by From Software themselves.
Miyazaki confirms George R.R. Martin was responsible for Elden Ring's deep arcane lore and crafting the ruined world's history.

"Storytelling in video games--at least the way we do it at FromSoftware--comes with a lot of restrictions for the writer. I didn't think it was a good idea to have Martin write within those restrictions. By having him write about a time the player isn't directly involved in, he is free to unleash his creativity in the way he likes," Miyazaki said in the interview.

"It really is like a guide for the world's lore, and therefore feels quite different from his novels. As someone that loves to learn about a world's setting, it was very exciting to read."

George R. R. Martin actually has nothing do with the game other then writing the lore. The rest of the story writing and missions was done by From Software themselves.

I think he means that Martin seems to have time for any other project, except finishing his long awaited book series. :biggrin: And yeah, he constantly seems to be starting projects left and right. I can't imagine the pressure he's under to finish ASOIAF, though.

I think he means that Martin seems to have time for any other project, except finishing his long awaited book series. :biggrin: And yeah, he constantly seems to be starting projects left and right. I can't imagine the pressure he's under to finish ASOIAF, though.
Bah the old man knows he wont finish the series.

He recently did a interview where he alluded to finding a successor to carry on his writing. Just like Robert Jordan & Frank Herbert needed to do before passing away.

Still yeah the man keeps taking more side jobs then necessary.

His GOT Tv prequel series is almost ready for airing at least. Now just don't ask him on his blog. As he hates that question about finishing or releasing the next book.:)

House of the Dragon won't be airing until 2022 at the earliest. There's apparently an animated GoT show in the works now as well.

With Martin writing it, I expect the lore in Elden Ring to be an interesting contrast to From Software's usual style.

With Martin writing it, I expect the lore in Elden Ring to be an interesting contrast to From Software's usual style.

I also wonder how much of Martin writing is actually him writing it, and not just marketing spiel. Technically it is possible Martin and Miyazaki came head to head, and didn't agree on what he wrote? Or maybe they found a middle ground? Or maybe FromSoft just took what he wrote and built on top of it. Because at that level I can imagine egos being an issue. And even though Martin did great with his books, maybe he performed poorly for what he did for Elden Ring, and they only kept his name brand? I don't know. I guess it will be very hard to find out who did what. And if it comes out bad, who do you blame more. :biggrin:

But I guess none of that even matters. We'll see the end product and judge for ourselves. In most of their games, story was always kind of convoluted and not told upfront. Sekiro is the only one that's more streamlined and upfront about its story. I wonder what path they took for Elden Ring.

...and it's a Dark Souls-like.

Looks like I am out and wait for that Obsidian thing.

…and it's a Dark Souls-like.

Looks like I am out and wait for that Obsidian thing.
Me as well but this developer wont ever change it's brand. When this game was first announced I expected something vastly different and better. That trailer was not it.

So yeah Starfield and Avowed has more of my interest now.

It must have been 2002 when I discovered The Book of Ice and Fire. Back then it was not really a thing yet in Germany and I naturally read it in English.
I was super hooked and ordered the first three books in close succession. Then the fourth book took forever, but I still got it on release. After that I gave up. And I was a huge fan! Now every time I see Martin announcing a new side-thing I get a bit angry.

And the last season of the TV show was a disgrace as I am sure we all agree. But that was at least not Martin's fault.

I like what I see. I for one didn't want anything weird or experimental, just a properly made, good Dark Souls game to stand above all the rubbish copycats that get pumped out these days. I'm happy, and very much looking forward to its release.

https://wccftech.com/elden-ring-gets-gorgeous-4k-images-new-details-about-online-more/

Some great screenshots taken from the official website. Looking good. If the world/level design is on point, it's gonna be fantastic. Also, in one of the screenshots I think I see the main character in a combat pose that I only saw in Sekiro. I'm not sure if I'm seeing things, but I'd love it if they did a merging of the Sekiro/Bloodborne combat systems. I'm also really curious about the underlying systems in Elden Ring. How progression will be handled. I assume they will keep the resetting of the enemies when you die, but what flavor of that they'll use. Sekiro was also slightly different in how they implemented the death penalty, but that was made to fit the narrative.

I also wonder if I should just blackout anything Elden Ring, aside from the trailer, and just go into it blind. But 6 months is a long time.

Is ELDEN RING Just DARK SOULS 4?

FromSoftware released the first ever Elden Ring gameplay trailer today during the Summer Game Fest and a lot of people think it looks a little too much like Dark Souls. But with mounts, a huge open-world and all the skill and creativity of Hideo Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin, is that such a bad thing?

Bah the old man knows he wont finish the series.
He recently did a interview where he alluded to finding a successor to carry on his writing. Just like Robert Jordan & Frank Herbert needed to do before passing away.

That would be fine by me, as long as the saga is finished.

I like what I see. I for one didn't want anything weird or experimental, just a properly made, good Dark Souls game to stand above all the rubbish copycats that get pumped out these days. I'm happy, and very much looking forward to its release.

100% agree. I know many want them to do something different but not me. They do what they do way better than anyone else. If I need a different kind of RPG they’re plenty of developers making them. I hear about all the supposed dark souls clones but there’s very few real clones and even fewer that are any good.

I actually was a bit disappointed when I heard they were doing Elden Ring. In the time they’ve been making it they could have released DS4 and maybe 5 and bloodbourne 2.

It is what it is though. From Software is one of the few developer that get my day 1 dollars and Elden Ring will be no different. They’ve yet to let me down.

100% agree. I know many want them to do something different but not me. They do what they do way better than anyone else. If I need a different kind of RPG they’re plenty of developers making them. I hear about all the supposed dark souls clones but there’s very few real clones and even fewer that are any good.

I'm not convinced yet that it's just another Dark Souls, and I don't get why people are saying that just based on the trailer. Artistically, yes, it looks very much like DS, but we still know very little about the world design and the gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom