Avernum: Escape From the Pit - Steam 1 Day Sale: $3.39

Perfect timing... I was just looking at buying this earlier this week, and at just over £2 it's currently a steal. How handy I can log in to Steam's website and purchase it at work as it'll be back to normal price by the time I get home!

Thanks for the news,as gamebanshee says I will give it a try and be introduced to the series from this game.

I got it! The only other Spiderweb game that I have played is Avadon: The Black Fortress, and I really enjoyed that one :) I'm looking forward to playing this game.

At this price, the game is a total steal. It's Spiderweb, so you know it's going to be better than 90% of the triple A games right off the bat.

-Carn

I think it's hilarious how hypocritical this guy is. It was less than a year ago that he was vehemently hating on any company that deeply discounted games as 'devaluing' games and that he'd never do that. Blog post after blog post defending his old price points. Now look at him. $3.39 for his latest game and he's raking it in.

I am really tempted to buy this...the only thing holding me back is Steam's idiotic "1 dollar = 1 euro"-policy. It's an impressive accomplishment on their part: no matter how cheap a game is on Steam, it still feels like I'm being ripped off.

Kay

I am really tempted to buy this…the only thing holding me back is Steam's idiotic "1 dollar = 1 euro"-policy. It's an impressive accomplishment on their part: no matter how cheap a game is on Steam, it still feels like I'm being ripped off.

Kay

Give it a few more months and that might start sounding like a really great deal.

I think it's hilarious how hypocritical this guy is. It was less than a year ago that he was vehemently hating on any company that deeply discounted games as 'devaluing' games and that he'd never do that. Blog post after blog post defending his old price points. Now look at him. $3.39 for his latest game and he's raking it in.

I hope Matrix and Slitherine come to their senses as well.....

Give it a few more months and that might start sounding like a really great deal.

Give it a few more months, and we'll all be reminiscing about the euro and what an idealistic project it was.

Speaking of Spiderweb deals, you can also get Avernum 4, 5, and 6 as part of the Groupees BeMine3 indie bundle ($4 minimum) and GoG has Geneforge 1-5 on sale for $10.

Give it a few more months, and we'll all be reminiscing about the euro and what an idealistic project it was.

Quite possibly. :)

Since I'm in Norway, euro isn't actually my currency anyway. I'd happily to accept a "1 USD = 1 NOK" policy, though.

Kay

Speaking of Spiderweb deals, you can also get Avernum 4, 5, and 6 as part of the Groupees BeMine3 indie bundle ($4 minimum) and GoG has Geneforge 1-5 on sale for $10.

Good to see he is on GoG now. I bought Avadon on that humblebundle sale a while back. I've played a few hours, but I got busy on other things. It was a bit tedious at times, but I enjoyed it and think when I get back to it and get deeper I'll enjoy it even more. Really didn't want to go the Steam route though to buy any of his games. I have Steam for Civ V, but I don't even have it installed now.

Is it possible to mod this game at all, like the art / textures?

I don't see why not. Looking at Avadon, his game seemed pretty open. All the various artwork was in a folder and easy to open in a standard image folder. I imagine you could just swap it out for the most part. Now modding the actual mechanics or stats of the game might be more difficult.

Quite possibly. :)

Since I'm in Norway, euro isn't actually my currency anyway. I'd happily to accept a "1 USD = 1 NOK" policy, though.

Kay

My bonus is paid in NOK. That would not work out well for me!

Back
Top Bottom