Witcher 3 - PCWorld: First Impressions

What did you find so disappointing about TW2 if you don't mind me asking?

The combat primarily. The lack of strafing and backpedalling always just ruins it for me in game like this. I don't understand why games would make your character turn their backs and run downwards/towards the player when you press down instead of backpedalling as you can't really attack in that direction anyway, not being able to see anything there.

I mostly play by dodging blows using those two moves and timing my strikes just as the enemy's miss me. In TW2, eventually I found that the best way to fight was to spam rolls when likely to be hit, and press the attack button (which chooses for you an animation that will likely hit the enemy including closing the gap for you by jumping/twirling) or throw spells once clear of the enemy. I also didn't really feel in control of the combat so much as ordering Geralt to attack/roll/cast and him doing it the way he wanted. Guess I got spoiled by Duke Patrick's combat mod for OB/Skyrim.

Just on the question marks on the map (they are not exclamations marks). They generally appear when you take the stuff from the noticeboards or during side-quests. I don't really have a problem with them simply because it's a more realistic world than skyrim say and doesn't have something to find around every single corner so while there is plenty of scope for exploration you may prefer to focus on these questions marks. Or not. Up to you.

Your right they are question marks....still seems odd.

The lack of strafing and backpedalling always just ruins it for me in game like this. I don't understand why games would make your character turn their backs and run downwards/towards the player when you press down instead of backpedalling as you can't really attack in that direction anyway, not being able to see anything there.

I think you'll find TW3 more to your liking. You automatically backpeddle instead of turn if the enemy you're facing is within a certain distance.

Good idea Brian!

Back
Top Bottom