Kotor 1 or Jedi academy

Warlod

Watchdog
Original Sin 2 Donor
Right. So I have played kotor 2 a few times over the years. I don't remember if I played kotor 1 but if I did it was years ago.

Question for you watchers. Do you prefer kotor 1 or Jedi academy and why ? I'm trying to decide which to play

Apples and oranges. You're asking for a comparison between an RPG and a first-person shooter.

What are you more in the mood to play?

This is RPGWatch, so Kotor of course. ;)

I actually replayed the first Kotor over the holidays via the steam edition. My intention was to then continue on and finally finish Kotor II with all of the restoration patches installed, but I burned out on the Star Wars setting a little. Still, after a decent break I'll get back into it. :)

Apples and oranges. You're asking for a comparison between an RPG and a first-person shooter.

What are you more in the mood to play?
Not sure I probably should have rephrased the question. As in which has the better story and mechanics. I have such a big backlog that I spend way too much time deciding what to play

Out of those two, I would play Jedi Academy 10/10 times because KotOR is one of the most boring games ever created. Jedi Academy was WAY more fun and is the Jedi Knight game I personally enjoyed the most. It's a pity there aren't more New Jedi Order games of this kind.

Out of those two, I would play Jedi Academy 10/10 times because KotOR is one of the most boring games ever created. Jedi Academy was WAY more fun and is the Jedi Knight game I personally enjoyed the most. It's a pity there aren't more New Jedi Order games of this kind.

Done decision made! Jedi Academy it is so! Thanks

Jedi Academy is good, if you're looking for amazing fights. But I prefer KOTOR, mostly because of its story,characters… because of almost everything) One of the best RPG' ever made, and the best RPG based on SW. But still I like the characters of the KOTOR 2 more, especially Visas.

Last edited:
I tried Jedi Academy way back and... I did not like it. I remember my light saber getting stuck in trees, and that's about the only impression the game left on me.

I tried Jedi Academy way back and… I did not like it.
Similar goes for me. My general memory is blurry and I do remember trying it at friend's so it might be I was stressed or irritated by surround, but I remember yelling something that could be translated as "there is no way I'm ever gonna buy this garbage!".

With Kotor (both of them) my impressions were completely opposite.

KotOR > Jedi Academy for me, personally, but I enjoy them both.

Different kinds of games.

KotOR = traditional Bioware storyboard for NPCs with some decent action.
Jedia Academy = traditional FPS with some interesting puzzles strewn about to be solved with the Force.

I liked them both. If you're in the mood for story, I guess I'd recommend KotOR... but it's a Bioware story, so be prepared for a lot of linear railroading as you hop from planet to planet.

… yelling something that could be translated as "there is no way I'm ever gonna buy this garbage!".

Out of curiosity: What was the un-translated version? :)

In Norwegian it would be something like this. "Jeg vil ikke under noen omstendighet kjøpe denne dritten".

But, being on-topic: As the laughing gnome says: They are different kinds of games, it all depends on what you are looking for.

pibbur who likes both

I'm afraid I'll get the post censored and warned or banned if I post the untranslated version.
It's full of bad words that I've condensed into "garbage".

That bad, huh? Ok, accepted.

Pibbur who doesn't want the joxer banned

They are completely different games…. I prefer KotOR I and Jedi Outcast

Nah Jedi Academy is awesome... Just not an RPG.
I prefer Jedi Knight II though personally. :)
But story wise KotOR is better.

Nah Jedi Academy is awesome… Just not an RPG.
I prefer Jedi Knight II though personally. :)
But story wise KotOR is better.

Jedi Knight II is good, but I hated all this level with key searching, and fights in JA are better, especially near the end of the game. Although, the story is much better in Jedi Outcast.

I liked JA, but I had to give up at a boss fight I couldn't master.

Kotor 1: Great story and great rpg as a whole. Combat system is kind of simplistic, but enjoyable. Get the sequel as well.

Jedi Academy: Weak story, but great first person shooter gameplay. If you loved Jedi knight II: the jedi outcast, you won't be dissapointed. In my opinion these jedi knight games really nailed the saber combat. Jedi academy is based on the system in jedi outcast. Jedi Academy just expanded it even further. New animations for single style, and 2 whole new fighting styles (dual wield & staff). Great fun!

Levels were really nicely designed as well. And you can create your own jedi character. how cool is that! The multiplayer was really fun too. I spent hours honing my light saber skills online. Unfortunately nowdays most people have moved on. Most servers are likely empty.

My answer: get both games :D

Back
Top Bottom