|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Interesting article about a couple big modders

Default Interesting article about a couple big modders

December 8th, 2016, 16:06
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20…ists-of-skyrim

Arthmoor and Apollo Down talk about the stuff hidden in Bethesda's code.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

December 8th, 2016, 16:14
There were orgies planned but got cut out from release version?

Yea… I'll die before seeing it in a game…
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

December 8th, 2016, 16:16
Interesting stuff. I had heard about a few of those features earlier but didn't know they were already in the code. The economy thing had been rumored before, about how the farms would actually grow food, transport it via trade routes and the entire economy would be dynamic. Sort of like Radiant AI (which they never truly were able to implement to my knowledge in their games yet), it probably was hard to do and they scrapped it.

Cool stuff, though. Bethesda should employ some more modders to help them create the base game.

Fluent

Transfer Companion
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 8th, 2016, 21:28
If TESes games (specially from Morrowind onwards) are still being largely played, this is mostly due to modders. I may be mistaken here, but I think Arthmoor was behind the team who brought us Oblivion Unofficial Patches too.
I used to play Oblivion with UOP and OOO mods installed. It is never too much to say "thank you" to people like Arthmoor, George Oscuro, SureAI, Brumbek, Vurt and a lot of many modders and teams, who dedicated (or still do) a large part of your time to bring us free, nice additions to the games we love and play.

Side note #1: why Apollo Down took his mod off from Nexus ? Was Nexus supporting Trump in any way ?

Side Note #2: Crpgnut, I think you should add Vurt in your signature's MIA list. He made great flora mods for Oblivion and Skyrim but he hasn't posted here in a while. Any news of him ?
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

December 8th, 2016, 21:59
Apollo just seemed to get increasingly hacked off with all the alt-right/redpill/gamergate types, that became particularly aroused and active around the election. There was some trolling, and it all snowballed a bit. I think he just had a gutfull of those people. Hopefully his faith in humanity will eventually return, and he'll be back.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

December 8th, 2016, 22:36
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Apollo just seemed to get increasingly hacked off with all the alt-right/redpill/gamergate types, that became particularly aroused and active around the election.
Correct but I can label the modder as one of the far-left/bluepill/white knight types.
There was some trolling, and it all snowballed a bit. I think he just had a gutfull of those people. Hopefully his faith in humanity will eventually return, and he'll be back.
Well I wouldn't bet on that as the modder made a stand to never return to modding on Reddit. Hopefully someone who has the mods can host them on a different site.
--
"Nobody can ever simply disagree for their own personal preference. If you disagree, seems your logic is shit, your tastes are shit and you're just shit. No wonder the internet is full of shit. "

Couchpotato

Retired News-Editor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

December 8th, 2016, 22:54
So the guy ends up taking down his mods because of Trump. Thats insanely stupid.

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

December 12th, 2016, 14:17
Well, it's his mods, and his to do with as he pleases. He's not getting paid for any of it, so it's all down to personal motivation - if that takes a hit, time to quit. Simple.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

December 12th, 2016, 15:03
He's kind of a douche anyway and this isn't the first time he's had his panties in a twist.
I agree it is his stuff though. I'm not going to stop playing Skyrim because CWO isn't in it. In fact, I played through some of it and found it detracted from the rest of the game, so I uninstalled. Still, it is an ambitious effort.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

December 12th, 2016, 21:05
Maylander sure he can do with his own creations as he likes. I was just thinking: Omg aren't we suffering enough from Trump, do we really need to ruin videogames because of him. When I play skyrim, I don't want to be reminded of stupid irl crap like Donald Trump. But then some douche modder decides to remove a very popular mod because of him. Its just insane.

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

December 13th, 2016, 12:10
Trump will make modding community great again. ( When you think about it, Trump fits in any scenario).
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Interesting article about a couple big modders