What games are you playing now?

I've been using JDoom/Doomsday to play my Doom/Ultimate Doom/Final Doom/Doom 2/Heretic/Hexen/Deathkings WADs since it came out :). But if there absolutely had to be a new version of any of these games, it'd better be faithful to the original.

Last edited:
Playing Operation Flashpoint aka ARMA: Cold War Assault. I've never played these games, the graphics are chunky and primitive and the gameplay is unforgiving but there is something compelling about it. Playing on the easiest possible settings as the game is pretty hard. Finished the main campaign and am about halfway through Red Hammer.

I still can't figure out what I'm in the mood to play lately. Talking about the Doomsday engine made me want to install both Doom and Heretic, and I spent a few hours playing each of them last night and this morning.

I also installed Quake 4 with a couple of texture mods and played that for a short while.

Against my better judgment, I also installed the Blade of Destiny remake. I guess I just wanted to see for myself how bad it is. I uninstalled it less than an hour later.

I'm installing Drakensang as I type this.

Ha ha ... Totally with you on this. After RoA, played some Disciles 4, some Legend of Dungeon, some Machines at War 3 ...

Then took a few mind-numbing levels of Rise of the Triad, then installed XIII... Not sure what to stick with ...

Guess what? Still playing ME3 MP and Gothic 1. I did make it into chapter 2 of Gothic, joined old camp, got 1 handed and strength trained up a bit. With shadow armor I can now take many enemies head on. For example, snappers used to be an almost instant death sentence if I melee-ed them. Now I can whack their irritating asses and survive. hehehe. So nice. ;)

Last edited:
Have been revisiting Fallout New Vegas. Having finally gotten 93 plugins to work *perfectly* together, I am replaying it now, full steam ahead. The only official DLC I ever messed with was Dead Money, so I'm looking forward to the other content (as well as the mods I added).

On a sidenote, I was doing some pondering earlier and I've come to the realization that Bethesda's buyout of the IP was probably one of the best things to happen to the Fallout franchise. Sure, the engine can be unstable and the writing on the 'original' Fallout 3 was grotesquely bad, but, in hindsight, Bethesda was best equipped to build a platform upon which a a non-linear experience could be built. I don't think even Obsidian could have set up such a good foundation for the series - it would have likely been your typical linear RPG with a few choices along the way.

And that's not even figuring in the moddability of the Gamebryo engines...

93 mods? How can you possibly keep each mod, not to mention all possible conflicts in your head? Do you have a spreadsheet? I'd just have to cross my fingers and pray...

Best way to tell what I've been playing is to just look on Steam. You'll miss some GOG games but not that many.

93 mods? How can you possibly keep each mod, not to mention all possible conflicts in your head? Do you have a spreadsheet? I'd just have to cross my fingers and pray…

It's more like 30-35 mods - the plugin list is just longer. And I do indeed utilize a strict installation order/list + any relevant compatibility patches :)

Divine Divinity 2, The Walking Dead, and still finishing Baldur's Gate 2. The latter is too good to finish it, so I've been laying it aside from time to time for ages now. It's a process to be delayed, as I suspect I'll never encounter something like this again!

Divinity 2 turned out to be a great game with a lot of exploring and dialogues, to my surprise. I thought it would be hack'n'slash and was prepared to dislike it. Yay! Dragon isn't lame as I kept hearing, it's really well done, and the game doesn't lose its pace after a certain point. No idea why others kept complaining about it, but I'm glad I like it.

The Walking Dead has a gripping and urgent atmosphere. Really nice. Only one episode played, so I can't say a lot about it yet. Dialogues with timed choices and small action sequences remind me about Fahrenheit, another similar game.

Still playing New Vegas, or should I say still modding? 124 plugins, reduced down to 104 with a Bash patch. Just restarted (again). I've spent way too much time with Sunny Smiles killing Geckos... only to be led astray with the promise of "one more mod..."

But I think I might just have everything *just right* now... maybe. Aside from my AMD Phenom II which sucks for games that aren't optimized for multiple cores.

Bought myself "Captain Brawe : A Braw New World", and I think that I should begin play it, because the demo was kind of awkward funny in the best way a good B-movie is funny, too.

It takes place in an kind of "Victorian Era" spin-off, with some Space-Steampunk mixed in.

And the protagonist is an anti-hero. ;)

Playing Quake 1 with upgraded textures and enemy models. (DarkPlaces engine)

I never played very far into the single-player campaign when it was released, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. The atmosphere is a lot better than I remember, and I really like the dark, gothic style some of the levels have.

It also has that addicting old-school FPS gameplay that few modern shooters have. Large open levels that don't guide you in any particular direction and well hidden secrets. I wish developers would start going back to that kind of level design.

Attachments

• dp20130816163406-00.jpg
    dp20130816163406-00.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 76
It also has that addicting old-school FPS gameplay that few modern shooters have. Large open levels that don't guide you in any particular direction and well hidden secrets. I wish developers would start going back to that kind of level design.

Not as open similar style game is coming out soon, Shadow warrior TB did video on it not long ago.

Playing Quake 1 with upgraded textures and enemy models. (DarkPlaces engine)

I never played very far into the single-player campaign when it was released, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. The atmosphere is a lot better than I remember, and I really like the dark, gothic style some of the levels have.

I particularly like the HP Lovecraft atmospheric influences throughout.

There are a ton of user made maps and series. Many of which are much better (and more challenging and interesting) than the originals and expansions. Great fun!

I'm playing some Skyrim and having fun when I have the time, which is not very often.

I spent ages modding it at first - but it became unstable and I had to scale back to the bare minimum. I can't play without Skyrim Redone and SkyUI - for instance. So, I'm not playing the version I had in mind - and I'm having a hard time figuring out what's causing the instability.

I'm downloading Dishonored in preparation for a playthrough. I stopped ~10 hours in the last time, as I got distracted. I actually thought it was a pretty good game, if a bit limited and too easy for the stealth genre. But I'm hearing great things about the DLCs - so I'll get through it this time, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom