Fear Effect Sedna - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Fear Effect Sedna has been released to a 10% launch discount.

About This Game

Thrilling action and stealth gameplay enhanced by the Fear system, an exciting story and ultra-stylish cutscenes. Harness your team’s dynamic abilities to tackle enemies and puzzles like never before. This is the quintessential sequel for existing fans and a perfect starting point for newcomers.

• The Fear Effect: When your fear meter rises, you will be more susceptible to injury but will receive a boosted damage output and special abilities. Deny fear with stealth and strategy through the new isometric viewpoint and Tactical Pause feature.
  • Enter the spirit realm: Encounter mystical forces of the Inuit and supernatural creatures of the spirit realm. Will you dare to face the unexpected?
  • Cinematic cut scenes: Striking animated visuals bring life to a wild, engaging story and dynamic characters.
  • An array of weapons and character abilities: From silenced pistols and defensive turrets to flamethrowers and monstrous transformations!
KEY FEATURES:
  • New environments in isometric view: Explore the deep caves of Greenland, abandoned scientific complexes, underwater stations and ethereal realms based on Inuit mythology.
  • A real-time tactical action game: Exploit your heroes special abilities, and combine them to maximize your team's effectiveness in attacks.
  • A deep and mature story: Learn more about Fear Effect's iconic characters' past as they delve into this new mystery.
  • Explore a whole new culture: Myths from the Inuit people are imbued with power of the elements and the cold sea. Meet and fight unexpected creatures from the spirit realm!

More information.

I would have thought that fear would have the opposite effect: reduced susceptibility to injury at the cost of lowered damage output. I.e. you tend to reduce your risk taking. Or do they mean something different by a rise in your fear meter?

I would have thought that fear would have the opposite effect: reduced susceptibility to injury at the cost of lowered damage output. I.e. you tend to reduce your risk taking. Or do they mean something different by a rise in your fear meter?

Think of it like Minsc's berserker rush. You gain hit points and damage output. In the Fear Effect version you gain damage output and receive more injury because in this game you can dodge incoming fire unlike in d&d with its dice rolls which are either hit or miss.

(Just forget the fireball dodges you can do in BG because of RTWP) :p

I recall playing the first two Fear Effect games years ago on Playstation (one, I think). From what I remember they were decent enough action games, but not really an "action RPG"; no stats or abilities to upgrade IIRC. I don't have any strong desire to play this one, but might be worth checking out if you really like third person shooters / action games.

Back
Top Bottom