Assassin's Creed Origins - Discovery Tour Mode Added

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that Discovery Tour mode has been added to Assassin's Creed Origins.

As a free update for existing players, premium standalone for everyone else.

All games with impressive worlds should have non-combat tourist modes. Slaughtering beasts and baddies is great fun, but I love clearing an area of enemies and then returning to their natural habitats with the luxury of peace and quiet.

Assassin's Creed Origins adds its educational The Discovery Tour today with this in mind.

[...]
More information.

Got bored with the game quickly when it came out -- this addon is a prime example how to turn a mediocre game (by AAA standards) to a shining gem.

Not much of a game, mind you, but if you are vaguely interested in ancient Egypt and history in general, it's fascinating. That's edutainment done right.

Oh, watching re-runs of The Mummy won't be the same again after this ;)

This is the only part of the game I'm interested in. I'll buy the main game or this stand-alone tour when they're on sale, whichever is cheaper.

This is the only part of the game I'm interested in. I'll buy the main game or this stand-alone tour when they're on sale, whichever is cheaper.

The standalone costs $20 afaik - pretty reasonable, considering the amount of stuff they packed in.

Totally disagree - there was nothing boring in my game.

Well, my game had a fantastic setting and good story told in a totally uninteresting way, expansive but utterly boring collect-a-thon crafting, and wonderful exploration gimped by artificial level caps and dull combat.

Well, horses for courses. ;)

Collect? Man, don't grind! You'll get enough of everything through normal quests/sidequests. I mean… Don't tell me you actually went grinding trashmobs over and over for skins, metal and wood. Just don't!

Combat, as I've said in all posts of mine, is something I can't care about less in games. It's supereasy in this game but AC always had easy combat so I don't know what you've expected. Even the most difficult bosses (elephants) are trivial once you get certain equips. It's not Blackguards where a wrong character build can force you to restart the game because you cannot progress any more at certain point.

Not sure what's wrong with level caps you're mentioning.

I enjoyed the game a whole lot, for about 100 hours, one of the best games in the past few years. I didn't do any of what I would call grinding (repeating tasks).

I just changed my mind. I just read about how Ubisoft went nuts with about 1,000 clam shells, covering up the privates of all the statues. I think I'll save my money and not support this kind of nonsense.

Do you still have to install UPlay to play this?

To play the game, yes.
For the standalone falsified statues in history, dunno.

Back
Top Bottom