Resonance of Fate HD Edition Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Looks like mushroomsbased outdated myopiainducing blurry bullshit.

Looks like mushroomsbased outdated myopiainducing blurry bullshit.
It does I'll enjoy it while you complain as usual.:p

As I used to own this game on the PS3.

Their last ported game Star Ocean had hardly any errors so I expect more of the same. Cant say the same of the Dragon Quest port, and the Yakuza ports from Sega.

Basically I don't need a controller just to play.

First Last Remnant now this? Is Sony offering money to companies to make 4K games?

If so, can somebody dig up the rights to Shadow Hearts and re-make that one?

P.S. "is reborns"??

P.P.S. Zero lip sync?

P.P.P.S. 1:47 - jeez, it's OMG mode from Dead or Alive!

If so, can somebody dig up the rights to Shadow Hearts and re-make that one?
Those are PS2 games but if they remastered them I would buy them on the PC again.

I started playing this and I'm having fun with it. The battle system is unique and has been pretty fun so far. Lip sync is NOT like in that video!

The main menu made me use S and D to change menu items. Arrow keys wouldn't work. Clicking a menu option didn't change the menu but, instead, made whatever was currently selected happen! I never tried mouse/keyboard again after that.

The game is pretty confusing at first. You get hit with a fairly big tutorial and there's really no easing into the various concepts. You're going to use everything that tutorial wants to teach you (other than dual wielding) within the first hour or two.

Coincidentally, I just tried this yesterday. I thought the steampunk-like setting would appeal to me, but, like most JRPGs, the Japanese style is too strong for my taste.

Admittedly, I didn't play it for very long, but I have too many games in my backlog to invest in something that doesn't grab me right away. The combat system is certainly unique though.

Well, I'm probably not going to finish this one. The combat is interesting but there's a TON of it and, after a while, it starts getting pretty repetitive. Shooting is shooting - either you're doing lots of scratch damage or converting the scratch to real damage. There's different kinds of ammo to apply to different kinds of weaknesses but there doesn't seem to be any new strategies to learn. It mostly seems to be about keeping your weapons upgraded enough to deal with the higher level enemies.

The story is really, really weak. It's almost like they made a 120 minute anime movie then decided they couldn't put that into the game so they just cut out all but about 20 minutes worth then divided that up into 15 parts to feed to the player at the end of every chapter. It's all but impossible to follow given the number of hours between chapters. A few Steam reviewers say they finished the game and still haven't the faintest idea what the main plot is supposed to be about.

The characters themselves are good ones. The English voice acting (at least from the main three) is quite good.

I'm at chapter 7 now and having a hard time getting myself to play the game. But maybe that's the way to play it? Buy it on sale for around $20, enjoy the combat system, then bail when it starts to get dull. If you get lucky and really enjoy the combat system, then great. If not, well, you're all experienced gamers - just seeing the new ideas in the game is worth $20 and a couple dozen hours.

Back
Top Bottom