Risen 2 First Risen 2 Game - Tips, Hints, Help ?

What are your system specs? I remember having some stuttering, but I thought that was due to the game being new at the time. Iirc, lowering the shadows down one notch in the settings made a significant difference.

I have a GT760, 8GB RAM, i7 4700MQ @ 2.4GHz.

I reduced shadows and it seems to have helped a bit. Thanks. Any other tips ?

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head regarding performance, but it's been a good 5 years since I've played Risen 2. I'd suggest googling some walkthroughs to help with your other questions.

I'm pretty sure damage is a combination of the weapon's stats and your skill with that weapon type, i.e. piercing, etc., but I'm not 100% sure on that.

2. If you're going vodoo, you will need some ingredients for spells/etc. Otherwise, not really ( sell silverware, treasure, etc). Guide shouldn't be hard to find.
3. Depends on faction...melee for natives, and well, melee for non natives.
4. I'd go with cunning first for $

2. If you're going vodoo, you will need some ingredients for spells/etc. Otherwise, not really ( sell silverware, treasure, etc). Guide shouldn't be hard to find.
3. Depends on faction…melee for natives, and well, melee for non natives.
4. I'd go with cunning first for $

Thanks.

I have now reached the Sword Coast. I put a couple of points into Blades and toughness and trained up Sabres a bit. Seems to help a lot now that I found a better sword too.

I have just reached the natives, so I have a question. Is it like all the other Gothic/Risen games where I can do missions for both factions up until the decision point ? OR am I stuck with the natives now ?

If you have any trouble whatsoever with sword fighting (like me) then I highly recommend just using muskets. It does make the game a bit too easy but it was the only reason I finished Risen 2.

If you have any trouble whatsoever with sword fighting (like me) then I highly recommend just using muskets. It does make the game a bit too easy but it was the only reason I finished Risen 2.

I'm doing alright I think although I am looking forward to using Voodoo.

I am now at the point where I can join either faction. I am planning to explore the island some more though before I do that.
I know of at least one treasure I want to find and I have some cargo to pick up on beaches.

My skills are as follows:
- Blades 3
- Toughness 3
- Cunning 5
- Pistols & Voodoo 1

I think the game is quite fun, although the combat is meh. I understand why we need companions, because otherwise it would be very annoying.

I am planning to go around the Sword Coast collecting some more glory.
I wouldn't mind finding a trainer however for blades, but there doesn't seem to be one here :(

You can ignore my previous question by the way.

I do have a new one.
Will I be able to go from one island to another as I please or is it story specific ?

Memory is kind of hazy here, but the Voodoo skill/sceptre that pits enemies against themselves is amazing for the later areas in the game when the difficulty ratchets up a bit.

Glad you're enjoying it btw. I played it a few years back and thought it was really underrated. One of the rare games where after beating the game in 60 hours I genuinely wanted more.

I really enjoy taking over people and I think it's a nice quest mechanic. In Caldera you are able to take over a character and make decisions for him. I assume that it may not be the most rewarding in terms of gold as I couldn't loot any chests that way from the council, but it was still fun.

I'm now in Antigua and I will be exploring around the island now.
The main thing I lack currently is gold as I seem to be spending tons of it on skills and items. I bought myself a nice suit of "armour" and a good sword. I am wondering if forging is worth it ? I have two pieces of a sword which make up a better sword than I currently have, but not sure if it's worth spending so much glory on blades and then gold as well.

Anyway, I think the game is quite fun. The combat is still a mess, but now that I can survive a few more hits I tend to simply slash as much as I can and tend to beat most things, especially with Patty around.

Any view on if there's a difference on which companion to bring with me around the different islands ?

Patty seems to know more about Steelbeard's treasures, but I don't know if Chani brings anything to the table ?

I really enjoy taking over people and I think it's a nice quest mechanic. In Caldera you are able to take over a character and make decisions for him. I assume that it may not be the most rewarding in terms of gold as I couldn't loot any chests that way from the council, but it was still fun.
It's still possible to enter it as yourself, using the non-voodoo way, if you feel like doing a bit of looting.

I'm now in Antigua and I will be exploring around the island now.
The main thing I lack currently is gold as I seem to be spending tons of it on skills and items. I bought myself a nice suit of "armour" and a good sword. I am wondering if forging is worth it ? I have two pieces of a sword which make up a better sword than I currently have, but not sure if it's worth spending so much glory on blades and then gold as well.
As a voodoo character, I'd say Blades is likely to be your main style of fighting. Guns won't be worth it. As for crafting: The unique, crafted swords are the best in the game by a fair margin. Also, you can get sword blanks to craft and sell some swords to make a bit of gold.

Anyway, I think the game is quite fun. The combat is still a mess, but now that I can survive a few more hits I tend to simply slash as much as I can and tend to beat most things, especially with Patty around.

Any view on if there's a difference on which companion to bring with me around the different islands ?

Patty seems to know more about Steelbeard's treasures, but I don't know if Chani brings anything to the table ?
Just a little chit chat here and there. The most powerful companion is Venturo, but he's Inquisition only, so I personally stick to Chani (for healing) as a voodoo character.

Well, the Slayne fight was a bit of a letdown. With Crow I had to make use a crazy amount of Grog and provisions to get through it as all my allies died in a minute :D

Now on Maracai Bay. I think I will bring Chani along for this one as there'll be natives here. Should be interesting.
I do like that the gnomes can speak now. I feel like they probably wanted to do this in Risen I.

What I do not understand is why the Inquisition use swords and not spears ...

It would have been cool if the natives used axes/throwing spears, the pirates swords/pistols and inquisition spears/muskets.

I think it's:
- Inquisition: Rapiers/Muskets
- Pirates: Sabres/Pistols
- Natives: Spears/Voodoo

I don't think you'll find many in the Inquisition that use a sabre of any kind. They all use more elegant weapons.

There are no hunting skills as far as I'm aware in Risen 2.
Am I wrong ? I can take all other types of hunting trophies such as teeth, claws, eyes, etc.

Sorry, not sure then. I remember there being Remove Heart in some of those games. Guess they were the Gothics or something.

Ah, I think you need the right tools.

There are 4 tools-

Bonesaw
Jaw Chisel
Skinning Knife
Sacrificial Knife (Voodoo)

Sorry, not sure then. I remember there being Remove Heart in some of those games. Guess they were the Gothics or something.

Ah, I think you need the right tools.

I think I have all of these :(
I'll double check, but thanks.

Sorry, it's been awhile since I played, and those little details seem different from game to game.

Back
Top Bottom