Nerdy, Geeky and just weird things you do

I have over 7000 disks of either the 5.25 or 3 1/2 size and haven't owned a machine that could run them for over a decade. Would they even read still? Who knows?
I bought my first computer, a CP/M machine back in '84. Still have the machine, and I think it works. But I doubt that those 34 year old 5.25s could boot it. Even if I could find them.

I named my treasured feline companion Misha after my favourite chess player; the 7th world champion, the ever joyfully brilliant magician from Riga, Mikhail Tal (RIP)

I wanted to name our cats after programming languages. My family accepted "Pascal" for our previous one, but they refused to let me call our current one "C". So she got the name "Rüsce", which is Quenya for "Fox" (due to her colour).

Habits of RPG fans are often curious things.
And thank heavens (or [who|what]ever you like to thank) for that,

pibbur who likes to call cat companions (when they're available) in games "Sequel".

I did the test. Felt like a nerd actually starting to answer 500 questions.
You answered "yes" to 214 of 500 questions, making you 57.2% nerd pure; that is, you are 57.2% pure in the nerd domain (you have 42.8% nerd in you).
According to the scoring guide, your nerd experience level is: You refuse to live anywhere without pizza delivery
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 16%, based on a comparison of your test results with 52554 other submissions for this test.
The average purity for this test is 63.4%.

Ok i'm going to try to do all of this test.

I just realized today that I have a strange habit of counting the total number of of wheels on semi-trucks, when I pass them on the highway. Bonus points if the total is divisible by 3 (as a whole number).

EDIT: Score was 256. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's pretty neat that it's the equivalent to the total number of values in 1 byte, the number of characters in the extended ASCII set, and the total number of values in each 24-bit RGB color set.

Last edited:
I carry a folding knife, flashlight and two screwdrivers on my person at all times. They're not for work, per se, and I even wear them around the house.

I've got thousands of screenshots and use many as wallpapers on my work computer. Everyone at work is a nerd, too. Or at least wants to be a nerd. Or at least is smart enough to pretend he/she wants to be a nerd.

Fun nerd test, even if it looks to be a good quarter century old. (Cold fusion!?)

Uhoh. I wasn't sure if I remembered the wavelength of visible light so I looked it up to see if I was right. I was off by a factor of 10. But now I know that so… do I answer yes or no? Damn it, this test needs better instructions!!
Knowledge of the units attached is NOT necessary….
It also needs to be cleansed of blasphemy. The units are the most important part!!

Anyway, 218 out of 500. 56.4% pure. Pretty much the same as Myrthos.

I've been watching the Classic Doctor Who marathon on Twitch for the last 2-3 weeks, that means watching 5-7 straight hours of classic Who every weekday for 3 weeks (and about 6 more weeks to come). Watching Doctor Who with a chat of over 5000 other Whovians is just another dimension!

I still have VHS collection of old Jackie Chan and other Hong Kong kung fu movies. I can't get myself to throw them out :(

bush walk after dark
I like the thrill of having no idea where I was

Then you should have a fairly good estimate of how fast you were walking.

pibbur who predicably can be very predictable (and lame).

I've been watching the Classic Doctor Who marathon on Twitch for the last 2-3 weeks, that means watching 5-7 straight hours of classic Who every weekday for 3 weeks (and about 6 more weeks to come). Watching Doctor Who with a chat of over 5000 other Whovians is just another dimension!

Even better if you take the time to catalogue everything, characters, species and actors. And especially if choose not to use Excel, but in stead go for a db solution.

pibbur who recommends mySql, or mongo if you like to do it ... differently.

I still have VHS collection of old Jackie Chan and other Hong Kong kung fu movies. I can't get myself to throw them out :(

I think that is a very classic, highly recommendable attitude. I salute you.

pibbur who has been there, done that, still does, and claims that there is a difference between this and without a purrpose hoarding.

I tried the test, quit after three hundred or so questions. Perhaps my nerd-power is weakening over the years. =xxx

Hey, you're supposed to enjoy taking the test! All of it!

pibbur who now sees the need for another ossum button (the dislike) :)

Maybe you could karate kick them out the window. That is, if you want to give them a proper send off. :)

Silver, you can't suggest getting rid of his classic martial-arts flicks. That's just asking for trouble…
giphy.gif

Martial-arts flicks aired after Saturday morning cartoons were an important part of my upbringing…
giphy.gif

Even my sisters got into it…
giphy.gif

Sorry for the spam. I've discovered I could browse martial-arts .gifs all day long. Sound excessive? Tell me that after you've seen this…
giphy.gif

The funniest thing about the final gif, is that the girl is worried her ass may be showing after breaking bricks with her face. She doesn't feel her face, she grabs her skirt.

I GM and play p&p RPGs, I collect action figures ('dollies') and Tarot decks, I watch animated movies and TV series, I love MST3K-grade movies, I talk nasty to my workstation ... and I overuse the word 'I'.
All in all, I'm way more geeky and weird than I am nerdy.

Back
Top Bottom