C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - Release Date Poll

Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077 - Release Date?

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
So here we go another Cyberpunk 2077 poll from your favorite Couchpotato. Now so I'll keep this quick and say just share your opinion about it's release Date.

2019, which quarter is the question. Likely month or two after E3. Otherwise, where would they show it? They need a very high public exposure event. Hmm...maybe at Game awards ( it's in december, if I remember rightly)? So january/february?
I don't really see them pushing for more than year, even without public demo, hype is already through the roof. ( Subreddit already has more than 50k and keeps on growing).

I'm going with 2019. They seems to have locked their scope earlier this year (with the no MP at launch announcement), I don't think you work on something for 6 years to just bamboozle everyone at E3 so I believe them when they say they are in full production now.

1 to 1.5 years should allow them to finish the game I think.

To be released in 2020, 7th of July. So... 20/7/7

I think it's too soon to release next year, unless they go for a pre-holidays release, and I'm not sure they will. So I'm thinking May 2020.

I've watched Giantbomb podcast ( or whever it's called), this and a few other journos ( like Schreier) said the demo feels the game is very much done, or close to being done. Closer to how Witcher was in 2014, than preview a year before.

It might feel close to complete from a gameplay standpoint, but that doesn't tell us anything about the amount of content. They might still have a long way to go in filling out the rest of Night City.

It might feel close to complete from a gameplay standpoint, but that doesn't tell us anything about the amount of content. They might still have a long way to go in filling out the rest of Night City.

They've written bulk of the story, years ago, according to Stepien. When they asked one of their design directors how much content to expect, immediately responded: think Witcher content. All impressions, ofc. Plus my 7th sense is never wrong about these things. :)

Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see this delayed and bumped to next gen consoles.

They've written bulk of the story, years ago, according to Stepien. When they asked one of their design directors how much content to expect, immediately responded: think Witcher content. All impressions, ofc. Plus my 7th sense is never wrong about these things. :)

Having the story written is only the first step. I'm talking about building the game world and coding all the quests. I haven't seen any mention of where they're at on those things.

Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see this delayed and bumped to next gen consoles.

Well the PS5 is supposed to debut in 2020 so it wouldn't be a big delay if one at all. That's assuming Sony actually hits their mark.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see the PS5 before too long, particularly as the PS4 has now been cracked.

Would be nice if the complete game was done tomorrow but guessing when it will be done - well it would be a guess with no basis for estimation. It'll be done when it is done.
-
And then there will be a year of patching and it will be more done. Then there will be a some or other version (enhance, game of the year, take your pick) and then more patches....

Having the story written is only the first step. I'm talking about building the game world and coding all the quests. I haven't seen any mention of where they're at on those things.

They probably don't talk about it because their process is iterative and it's hard to evaluate. They could have all the quests and areas in the game already, but in various state of iteration.

Saying that, they should be pretty advanced in term of content making right now considering how long they have been in full production (started sometimes in 2016 according to financial reports), the team size (larger than TW3 at peak in 2016, again from financial reports) and E3 news that they are targeting TW3 size content-wise.

TW3 was in dev for only 3.5 years (according to wikipedia).

Someone dug out specs of PC they were running this on:

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

Mind you, they prob have barely started optimizing the thing. So this implies it's CPU heavy? 6-8 cores or whatnot?

Someone dug out specs of PC they were running this on:

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

Mind you, they prob have barely started optimizing the thing. So this implies it's CPU heavy? 6-8 cores or whatnot?

Wasn't TW3 better with more cores too?

TW3 worked smooth on pisspoor CPUs that were 3+ Ghz quadcores and was still able to spawn more NPCs than consoles' jaguar. It wasn't running as smooth on hyperthreaded duocores though.

That i7 up there? Fail. Unless the code was "optimized" by Ubisoft.

Back
Top Bottom