Skyrim - No Demo Planned

I did't expect a demo, and it doesn't bother me in the least. Notice the few bits of gameplay without background music drowning it out.

Although I haven't seen any more info about this recently, I read a few weeks ago that it's possible Skyrim might be delayed to early next year. It would be nice to hear from Bethesda that eveything is on track and the release date is firm.

Although I haven't seen any more info about this recently, I read a few weeks ago that it's possible Skyrim might be delayed to early next year. It would be nice to hear from Bethesda that eveything is on track and the release date is firm.

They've already said multiple times that the release date is firm.

They've already said multiple times that the release date is firm.

I heard that excuse used by many developers and then come the release date and they issue a pr excuse. Usually its about crowed release schedules or telling us us its due to making the game better. Its all bullshit in the end.

I actually trust this date - for some reason. Maybe it's because it's "11-11-11" and it would be a PR fumble not to stick to it - or maybe it's because the game looks very polished even at this stage.

They have enough resources, that's for sure - and they've done literally nothing but exactly this kind of game for many years now. I think it'll be out in time.

They haven't released a TES demo since Daggerfall (Battlespire, perhaps?) - so that's par for the course.

I don't think it would be that hard to just do a dungeon or something - which would be just fine in terms of demonstrating the vitals - and obviously it's a PR bullshit excuse, but I don't really think I will require a demo for this game. TES has a long history and I've found them steadily improving in most ways - even though they've always sucked in others.

I'll be buying it with reasonable certainty.

I heard that excuse used by many developers and then come the release date and they issue a pr excuse. Usually its about crowed release schedules or telling us us its due to making the game better. Its all bullshit in the end.

Sure, sure... the point though is that he wants them to say the date is firm and they already did. In the end they'd still delay it in a heartbeat if they thought it would help profits though.

Sure, sure… the point though is that he wants them to say the date is firm and they already did. In the end they'd still delay it in a heartbeat if they thought it would help profits though.

That certainly is the reason for delays more often than not among AAA releases, but sometimes there are unforeseen hitches in development and a delay is completely valid as a way to make sure a game is truly ready for release - but it's impossible to tell without being on the "inside" of these publishing companies. And I don't think Bethesda has to worry about when they release Skyrim...there aren't very many huge open-world games of this scale - of any genre - being released each year, so they can pretty much release it whenever they want to and not worry about competition.

Back
Top Bottom