Metro Exodus - Being Removed from Steam

https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=2285 Glukhovsky criticizes Deep Silver's deal with Epic
He had my respect when he gave his own opinion until the PR speak kicked in.:(
Glukhovsky has since deleted his reply, and has instead focused on distancing himself from the exclusivity decision. The Metro author noted that he’s just a writer and has no involvement in these types of choices.
Link - https://gamerant.com/metro-exodus-author-epic-store-exclusive/

Last edited:
I may be in a very small minority, but I'll call those kinds of bluffs anytime. I dare you to drop the computer market, nay, I double dare thee! The sheer arrogance of these ungrateful companies these days just often leaves me astonished.

Here is the rough goggle translation.:(

Google Translate:
I watched the bubbling. Impressions are twofold. On the one hand, the withdrawal from the stim is ambiguous, so no one has done so sharply (as far as I can tell). This is new, which could cause rejection. Yes, and such a move pulls the need to install an epic launcher, which could cause some inconvenience to the players, and therefore cause discontent.

On the other hand, the reaction of a certain category of players (onli torrents and all that) is hardly adequate. It seems that people did not want to play, just waited for a reason to pour out their bile. That is, it turns out that we (the developers) for years have been hard and painful, with losses, trying to do something special, but a certain category of players believes that our work is not worth even a couple of minutes to install the launcher. Naturally, it is their life and their right, but then what do they care about the Metro? Obviously, it is not interesting to them. I can only say that they were not our players either, they are not interested in our work, which means that, for example, the opinion of such people is not interesting for me either. What is the point for me personally (and not only) to listen to their opinion?

But! Consider the situation deeper. Someone says that they say they crap Exodus and the previous games in the series, it will make the world better, they will put greedy developers in their place. To this I can answer that in a pinch, if at all all the PC players announce a boycott of the Metro, then the next metro, if it does, is definitely not on the PC. Better or worse, decide for yourself. I personally feel sorry for the loyal fans, yes. But my assessment of the work done personally by me and my friends and colleagues will not change this. I firmly know that almost everyone who pours this dirt on the net is also incapable of a bit of what we have done and hopefully do more. And that means they have no idea what they are talking about.

And further. Despite the fact that during the development I went through each level of each game, hell knows how many times, it is interesting for me to play Metro. I went through the previous parts completely and more than once, and now I am going to go through the whole PC version, to which we make the final touches. For me, this is already a tradition, I always re-pass the game completely before release. Allows you to evaluate the work done. What is it for me? I remember the words of the Prof, which I have heard more than once, both from myself and on the Internet - the game must be made for myself, so that you like it first. And only schA begin to understand this fully - no clever man can shake me about the value of the work that we have done. And there will always be disgruntled.
Update: Here's my final view on this matter. Short term cash gain in exchange for long term reputational harm to the publisher and Ip. Hope it was worth it guys.

Keeps getting better. :biggrin:

Now the site of that post in Russian has this disclaimer in good English as well.
"The administration recalls that the messages published by 4A Games employees on our forum are not the official position of 4A Studio, and represent only the personal opinion of individual developers.”
Pr finally stepped in.:lol:

I'm a tolerant sort, so I'll just ignore their extremely (and I do mean EXTREMELY) stupid statement.

That said, I'm in no hurry to pick this up. A linear shooter is a linear shooter - even if you put it in a large landscape.

My level of tolerance strangely coincides with my level of interest in the game.:biggrin:

Since i was only Luke warm about it to begin with i think I’ve seen enough to just skip it.

My level of tolerance strangely coincides with my level of interest in the game.:biggrin:

Since i was only Luke warm about it to begin with i think I’ve seen enough to just skip it.

That's not how tolerance works :)

Let's just say I was stupidly political enough in my youth….

As for Metro, these games never really did it for me. I think it's because I originally expected something a little like Stalker - and instead I got these little linear shooters with shit performance.

Sure, they looked pretty good - but all you did was... shoot. ZZZzzzzz.

As for Exodus, ok you can walk around a bit more and add some mods to weapons. But.... I think you're still going to be shooting 99.9% of the time.

Maybe if they've done stealth in a good way.

It's amazing how many people here take the time to post that they're not interested in something. Especially about games from a genre that they don't normally play anyways. Must be a really slow weekend. :)

Yeah, I'm sure JDR never commented on a game he wasn't particularly interested in :)

Who's going to bother doing a search for this?

That said, I tend to comment when I have something to say - and I always have something to say.

Being interested in the subject matter is almost besides the point.

I wasn't talking about you . :)

Your reply doesn't surprise me though. You've always had that tendency or insecurity to assume everything is about you.

That's not how tolerance works :)

Yeah, that’s why i added the big grin.:)

It's amazing how many people here take the time to post that they're not interested in something. Especially about games from a genre that they don't normally play anyways. Must be a really slow weekend. :)

I think they’ve given us plenty to talk about that isn’t game related. I don’t think anyone needs any interest in the game at all to post their 2 cents on whats going on.

As for the game like i said I was Luke warm about it having played the first 2 but not finishing either. I definitely would have bought this one knowing I’d probably not finish it as well but they changed my mind with their actions.

I wasn't talking about you .

My point stands regardless of who you claim to be talking about :)

Your reply doesn't surprise me though. You've always had that tendency or insecurity to assume everything is about you.

Can I assume you added the "or" so that I could pick one of them for myself? ;)

I think they’ve given us plenty to talk about that isn’t game related. I don’t think anyone needs any interest in the game at all to post their 2 cents on whats going on.

I certainly found their reaction amusing and worth talking about, at least a little :)

4A apologizes for that developer post on the Russian site.

Yep another video so either watch it or don't.:cool:

4A Games posted the statement on the Metro Facebook Page.
The recent decision to move Metro Exodus from Steam to the Epic Game Store was made by Koch Media / Deep Silver alone.

The recent comments made by a member of the 4A Games development team do not reflect Deep Silver’s or 4A Games’ view on the future of the franchise. They do reflect the hurt and disappointment of a passionate individual who has seen what was previously nothing but positive goodwill towards his work turn to controversy due to a business decision he had no control over. We respectfully ask that any and all valid feedback over this decision is directed at Koch Media / Deep Silver, and not the developers at 4A Games.

The future release strategy of the Metro series lies with Koch Media / Deep Silver. Our decision to partner with Epic Games was based on the goal of investing in the future of the series and our development partner at 4A Games. We have every intention of continuing this franchise, and a PC version will always be at the heart of our plans.

I'm not sure it's possible to successfully apologize to the outrage gaming culture.

Well, maybe if you give them the game for free, they might consider forgiving you. I'm sure they think they deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom