how can i run it without a cd

frank the tank

Watcher
i recently bought my self an original copy of dark Messiah but for some reason the dvd doesnt run with my dvd drive, when i put it in i get nothing. is there a way to fix this or maybe run it without the cd?

I don't know how it works for Dark Messiah, but for other games available on Steam as well as DVD, you can enter the serial number to validate it in Steam, and even install from Steam after that.

the thing is i need to run the game from the cd. ive already installed it by copying the the install files to my ipod using another pc, but i still need the dvd to play.

You mean even when you authenticate from Steam you still are being asked for DVD? That doesn't seem right ... I haven't touched my HL2 CD's in two years!

This might be a stupid question but do i need to have the computer connected to the internet every time i want to play? i dont have access to the internet at home only at work

Nope - unlike the NWN Premium Mods, once validated online once, you can run without Net connection.

But you do need to activate online *once*, so can you run dialup from home just for the activation?

Back
Top Bottom