DA:O DA: O - Wierd Technical Glitch Need Help

Dragon Age: Origins

Rills

Sentinel
My game is patched to 1.04. Everything has been fine but when I enter the tavern in Lothering Leliana approaches to intercede and it is with her character that this weird technicle glitch occurs..

Her body, face and neck are there, but the rest of her head is gone! I thought maybe it was just this cinematic aspect of the game and possible rectification when gameplay began. But during the fight, after the fight, accepting her, and then adding her to the party the head was still face and neck only. No hair, no ears, nothing. If she turned her head you could see the wall behind her that should have been blocked by an ear, hair, etc.

Anyone have any clues?!?

1. My video card has the very latest drivers installed.

2. Thinking it might be a heat issue messing with the video card I decided to have a fan blow directly into the case and it brought the temps down. But no change after I fired up the game agin. She still is missing the bacik, to and sides of her head. Onlty the forehead, face, and neck are visible.

I'm actually replaying DA right now and I've had no such issues. I had a lot of problems getting the various DLCs to work though.

If noone here has heard about the issue, I'd try over at the official boards (tech section).

I'd really like to see screenshots of that, I' sorry, but the description just sounds too funny …

You could try looking whether in the OS "services" the kind of "DLC DRM" service for Dragon Age is running …

Other than that I think a re-install mkigh be needed ? Make sure to backup your savegames etc. first …

Edit : Could be the graphics card being too hot, yes. You could try (if you know what you do) to open up the PC and clean it with a vacuum cleaner ... Dust often hinders to ventilators to work effectively.

But make sure to disconnect the PC from the electric current first !!! Electricity can be dangerous !

I'd really like to see screenshots of that, I' sorry, but the description just sounds too funny …

It is! I swear you could set a potted plant where her skull should be. She had the potential to be Feldaron's first and only Flower Child.

It's rectified now. DArtagnan's question on a mod had me re-thinking if I had added more than just the mod of where the merchants give you a slightly higher percentage. So I checked my DA folder and there was a mod for "improving" Leliana's face/head. Wrong.

But once deleted the game is where it needs to be. Thanks.

One other question if you don't mind. How does one bestoy a gift from your PC to a companion if all of the party shares the same inventory? Yeah, its a noob question, but I've never played before. :D

Thanks for your help.

One other question if you don't mind. How does one bestoy a gift from your PC to a companion if all of the party shares the same inventory?

There is an arrow somewhere on that screen that allows you to cycle through your party. Simply activate the gift when the NPC you want is being shown.

Back
Top Bottom