Left Alive - New Trailer

What metal gear, it looks like war themed DX in the video.

For those who don't know the game will let you in shoes of three different persons and is supposed to feature choices&consequences that branch the story.
It's not RPG but I'm probably gonna buy it as it's strictly singleplayer. Eventually.

What metal gear, it looks like war themed DX in the video.
It's a Front Mission spin-off and Square Enix hired a few ex-Metal Gear developers.

By video creator's logic if they hired Patrice Desilets it'd be Assassins Creed.

EDIT:
For some reason the site "autocorrects" my e with a line above with "?"

Don't tell me RPGwatch hired someone from Bethesda. Because next update posts will be presented in reverse order. :D

Watching this promising game. Probably I'll need a new PC to play this tho. :)

So this is in the spirit of the original PS exclusive Metal Gear series: 5 minutes of outdated stealth gameplay followed by 15 or more minutes of cinematics and drama - rinse and repeat. Here is another 100GB game.

I personally don't like taking control away from the player, and this terrible design has been ousted by the great designs of games such as Deus Ex, Hitman, Assassin's Creed, Dishonored .. etc.

So this is in the spirit of the original PS exclusive Metal Gear series: 5 minutes of outdated stealth gameplay followed by 15 or more minutes of cinematics and drama - rinse and repeat. Here is another 100GB game.

I personally don't like taking control away from the player, and this terrible design has been ousted by the great designs of games such as Deus Ex, Hitman, Assassin's Creed, Dishonored .. etc.
It's not a Metal Gear clone they hired a few artist to give the game the same look. What worries me the games producer is a former lead that help make Dark Souls.
Giuseppe: You worked for a long time at FromSoftware, and the gameplay seems to be a little bit inspired by Dark Souls, especially in the trial and error aspects and the challenge of overcoming superior odds?€?

Toshifumi Nabeshima: While it may not be directly about Dark Souls, something I learned in many years at FromSoftware is game design revolving about the idea of achievement and overcoming obstacles. That's also very consistent in games I've worked on before like Armored Core, and I want to keep doing it in the future. I'm not saying that's the absolutely correct way to make games, but simply how I like to make them.

There are many different ways to think about how to make games and what they should give people, and certainly, there are many who think games should have broad appeal and please everyone regardless of skill level and effort. Of course, those games are perfectly valid, but what I like making and want to do is perhaps a bit more niche. Some will like it, and some wont. I'm making games for people who love this kind of thing. Of course, it would be great if many loved what I make, but even if there are many who aren't big fans of this kind of approach, it's still what I enjoy making.

Oh, its rollerblade-mechs! Count me much less interested. This always looked comical to me, no matter how badass it was supposed to be.

Since this seems to be not only mech combat, it might be worth a second look... at some point.

Oh, its rollerblade-mechs! Count me much less interested. This always looked comical to me, no matter how badass it was supposed to be.

I also dont usually like how it looks. But I think its not rollerblade. I seems to me that mech in the video put lower part of his leg to ground to utilise some propulsion engine in the leg. But maybe Im wrong. Im not expert at Front Mission lore.

Since this seems to be not only mech combat, it might be worth a second look… at some point.

Yes. And the idea that mechs in game are just almost indestructible bosses, is not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom