TechQuila: - 10 best PC Games of 2018

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Trespasser spotted a PC top 10 list on TechQuila:

10 Best PC Games of 2018 That You Need to Play

Unlike the PS4, the PC platform doesn't get all those big budget exclusives, but that doesn't mean there's a dearth of gems on the oldest gaming platform. In fact, Steam has thousands of exclusive indie titles that are made with a lot of love and attention to detail by talented developers all over the world. Since these indies form the backbone of the PC gaming industry, we'll mainly focus on them with a few notable AAA games throw into the mix as well:

[...]

10 Best PC Games of 2018

• Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
  • Hitman 2
  • Yakuza 0
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • Banner Saga III
  • The Council
  • Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • Atom RPG

Other Notable PC Games of 2018

• We Happy Few
  • Assassins' Creed: Odyssey
  • Life is Strange 2
  • Insomnia: The Ark
  • Ni no Kuni II
  • Legrand Legacy
More information.

Now this is a list more to my liking!

PoE II, Mutant Year Zero, Kingmaker, the Council, Atom RPG (haven't played Kingdom yet) are all worth playing.

Pathfinder wins my GotY. It and KCD were the only games listed that I've played. My true GotY is Fallout 76, to my everlasting shame :D I've logged 300 hours into it already and I'm even teaming up occasionally. Mostly to farm mobs above my level.

It's a better list than a lot of them.

My list:
1. Kenshi
2. Kingmaker
3. Kingdom Come

Pathfinder wins my GotY. It and KCD were the only games listed that I've played. My true GotY is Fallout 76, to my everlasting shame :D I've logged 300 hours into it already and I'm even teaming up occasionally. Mostly to farm mobs above my level.

There's no shame there. I have over 100 hours in FO76 myself. It has plenty of issues, but it's still far less bad than a lot of people make it out to be. Want to know what shame is? I'm currently playing My Time in Portia (hides in shame, unable to ever face gaming friends again).

KCD definitely belongs on the list as well as Pathfinder. I'd add AC Odyssey. And I'd put all of those as > POE 2. POE 2 is a good game, but it's seriously overrated and parts of the story narrative and voice acting are cringe worthy.

From a purely RPG perspective, I'd for sure pick Pathfinder as GOTY. From an art perspective, I'd go with AC Odyssey, beautiful game in a stunning setting.

I don't think anyone can beat me in the shame department… I've logged 830 hours on Stardew Valley… that's almost 2.5 times the hours I spent in Kingmaker (340 hours) :lol:

My GOTY is Kingmaker (no surprise there!) but I'm still meaning to try out Deadfire.

Will probably pass on KCD since first person games give me motion sickness. Also will pass on AC Odyssey since I don't want multiple platforms on my PC (already got Steam, Battlenet and GoG).

Also will pass on AC Odyssey since I don't want multiple platforms on my PC (already got Steam, Battlenet and GoG).
If you want to try the Steam version you'll hardly notice Uplay. I'm not even sure it runs at all.

I don't think anyone can beat me in the shame department… I've logged 830 hours on Stardew Valley… that's almost 2.5 times the hours I spent in Kingmaker (340 hours) :lol:

My GOTY is Kingmaker (no surprise there!) but I'm still meaning to try out Deadfire.

Will probably pass on KCD since first person games give me motion sickness. Also will pass on AC Odyssey since I don't want multiple platforms on my PC (already got Steam, Battlenet and GoG).

But you’re already running multiple clients. To be honest though seeing the games you typically post on I’d be surprised if you liked ACO, but i could be wrong.

But you’re already running multiple clients. To be honest though seeing the games you typically post on I’d be surprised if you liked ACO, but i could be wrong.

Exactly - I don't want any more clients on my PC.

Well, I know it's not something I usually enjoy but you never know, right? TBH I'm intrigued due to 1. gorgeous graphics 2. good comments from the Watch.

Exactly - I don't want any more clients on my PC.

Well, I know it's not something I usually enjoy but you never know, right? TBH I'm intrigued due to 1. gorgeous graphics 2. good comments from the Watch.

Don't think of it as another client, just think of it as part of the game and you will be fine since you are unlikely to see uplay ever after installing the game.

If you think about about it, you are installing all sort of 3rd party software when you install a game. So uplay is no different.

Now ACO may not be your type of game but thats another matter but don't let uplay prevent you from trying it out as ACO is my game of the year so I think its worth trying :)

What's AC Odyssey like? I remember sakichop comparing it to TW3 (but something about TW3 is much better with the story while Odyssey does the combat better).

I'm completely with you, Purple, I've allowed two gaming clients on my machine, and that's all I'll have. Great old games and steam are enough, I've seen nothing but mostly junk on the other platforms, so there is no need for all that mess on my computer. To my everlasting shame, I did have Origin on my last machine, which I believe actually lead to the death of that computer. That was six or seven years ago, and I miss that platform not at all!

What's AC Odyssey like? I remember sakichop comparing it to TW3 (but something about TW3 is much better with the story while Odyssey does the combat better).

Well you described it nicely. Not yet Witcher 3 in terms of story quality, NPC, or side quests but still a great experience and a better combat.
Nothing to compare with the previous AC (apart of Origins) which were a mindless bunch of games.

Assassin Creed Odyssey can basically be described as a fan-fiction inspired Ancient Greece. It will never compare to Witcher 3 as it's still a Diversified Ubisoft game

Anyway it's a good list of games I played and enjoyed this year.

I especially love his Pathfinder: Kingmaker description.
Pathfinder didn’t get a very warm reception upon release, but don’t let that fool you. It has a skilfully written plotline and the latest iteration of the DnD combat system. The game sees the player take control of a local lord and expand their influence through the course of the adventure with the help of numerous allies. Industry experts like Chris Avellone took part in the development, and it has a loyal cult following who will defend the game with everything they’ve got.
That loyal cult following is 100% correct.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom