What games are you playing now?

State is great, they really nailed the ambiance, feel of world in this setting. Almost reminded of Last of Us, in some backwater, few weeks after collapse.
Dying Light is entirely oriented on action ( pretty damn good parkour), this is more on resource gathering/management.

Dying Light does require a good deal of twitch skill, but so does State of Decay for that matter. DL is also a lot more demanding, and you need a pretty strong system to run it on max settings.

I thought Dying Light was the better game overall. I'm big on atmosphere and exploration, and DL was superior in those aspects. The combat is also a lot more visceral.

You're obviously gonna want to play State of Decay though if you're into base management.

Dying Light does require a good deal of twitch skill, but so does State of Decay for that matter. DL is also a lot more demanding, and you need a pretty strong system to run it on max settings.

I thought Dying Light was the better game overall. I'm big on atmosphere and exploration, and DL was superior in those aspects. The combat is also a lot more visceral.

You're obviously gonna want to play State of Decay though if you're into base management.

Ehhh, two are very different so I wouldn't compare them on that note. SoD works great when it comes to emergent gameplay, moment to moment decision making, combat was more a secondary matter and something you'd do better to avoid...Dying Light was closer to Fallout IV, kill just about everything ( and a much better game at that).
No argument on visceral-ity, it was also a bit more "generic", but SoD is far more memorable, common', Maya + sweat pants, now that's a great combination.

Nah, Dying Light was the more memorable game for me. SoD rarely made me feel the same kind of tension. I actually quit playing after around 15 hours.

Different strokes for different folks.

I tried State of Decay and couldn't get into it either. I haven't tried Dying Light. I've been giving Project Zomboid a look but I don't think it's going to cut it either. I've been playing 7D2D again tonight instead. Zomboid basically plays where you have no real chance to kill zombies. The lightest scratch or bite causes a fatal disease. That and the million different bags that each hold 3 things, will kill it for me.

Dying Light was a lot more impressive to me - and it's among the prettiest games I've seen, to boot.

That said, I ultimately didn't play it that much - because I'm not particularly enthralled with that kind of gameplay - and I found the RPG/loot aspect underwhelming.

Nah, Dying Light was the more memorable game for me. SoD rarely made me feel the same kind of tension. I actually quit playing after around 15 hours.

Different strokes for different folks.

Well it takes a while to get used to it. Didn't enjoy it at first, but at some point mechanics clicked ( https://youtu.be/S4AmLcBLZWY?t=59) and it became pretty addictive.
But it's not really a difficult ( at least main) game, there was only one or two how-to-save-your-own-skin situations.

Anyway, jumped in Stick of Truth, having a blast with it, seems refreshing though I can't make any sense of it.

Stick of Truth, having a blast with it, seems refreshing though
Finally!

Me... I'm actually trying to clear titles I started and played for a few hours just to check what are about. Means I'm gonna try to finish them all before Elex releases.
Some titles I kept installed because of a few things unfinished, these will be first on the list - Watch Dogs 2 is one.

Why am I doing it? My bloody 480 Gb sized SSD got full although I've uninstalled GTA5 rubbish ages ago. :mad:

Just finished dragonfall. It was great. It took me a couple of hours to get into it. I'm just not used to games that require effort anymore ;) But once I did it grasped me until the end. Interesting story, very fun and addicting combat.

Now trying to start with numenera. Only 5 min in but confusing stuff. Completely different and weird character stats and combat. + Walls of text. I'll just pick the stats that sound fun, hope I don't get stuck that way.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I assume there must be a considerable drop in quality later on because what I've played so far is superior (imo) to DX:HR in every way. I'm still very much in the early parts of the game though.

I really loved it a lot, but I can understand people complaining about the subway travels. For some missions you have to do lot of those trips in between short bursts of action and it breaks a bit the flow.

I'm currently starting the Nuka-Cola DLC in Fallout 4 after finishing all the other content (or most of it, anyway, since FO4 is such a huge game you could probably do 100 playthroughs and still not see absolutely everything). I play with a handful of "annoyance removal" mods that don't change the vanilla game much at all. I play on Survival and though the game lost its sense of tension when a Legendary drop early on turned out to be a Radium Rifle that does enormous DPS, I can still be one-shotted if not careful.

After I finish FO4, I'll start Dying Light with its expansion since I thought the Dead Island series were half-good games that I enjoyed. DL is leagues better I understand.

I'm currently starting the Nuka-Cola DLC in Fallout 4 after finishing all the other content (or most of it, anyway, since FO4 is such a huge game you could probably do 100 playthroughs and still not see absolutely everything). I play with a handful of "annoyance removal" mods that don't change the vanilla game much at all. I play on Survival and though the game lost its sense of tension when a Legendary drop early on turned out to be a Radium Rifle that does enormous DPS, I can still be one-shotted if not careful.

After I finish FO4, I'll start Dying Light with its expansion since I thought the Dead Island series were half-good games that I enjoyed. DL is leagues better I understand.

Well at least your taste in games is better than your taste in television. :)

And yes.. Dying Light is a huge improvement over Dead Island.

What class to pick in this one, fun oriented? Lol... a Jew?

Well at least your taste in games is better than your taste in television. :)

And yes.. Dying Light is a huge improvement over Dead Island.

The problem is that I'm very picky about what TV shows I watch. I don't watch just any shit with a nice slick coat of HBO paint on it like Westworld or True Detective. If you were my friend, and ♫if I were a rich man♫ I'd buy you a RealDoll™ doll for your birthday.

The problem is that I'm very picky about what TV shows I watch. I don't watch just any shit with a nice slick coat of HBO paint on it like Westworld or True Detective. If you were my friend, and ♫if I were a rich man♫ I'd buy you a RealDoll™ doll for your birthday.

You mean you wouldn't offer to loan me yours? Not that I would accept. :)

If you were my friend, and ♫if I were a rich man♫ I'd buy you a RealDoll™ doll for your birthday.

Oh my God! I didn't realize this was a thing till this post. :blush:

These things are $4,000! Safe sex is expensive.

I haven't had much time for gaming lately, but I'm still playing DX:MD, and I finally got around to installing Diablo III.

I played both a crusader and a monk till level 4 while trying to get a feel for it, and I'm torn on which character to stick with. Normal difficulty is way too easy, but I expected that. I'll start on Hard when I'm ready to play in earnest.

I haven't had much time for gaming lately, but I'm still playing DX:MD, and I finally got around to installing Diablo III.

I played both a crusader and a monk till level 4 while trying to get a feel for it, and I'm torn on which character to stick with. Normal difficulty is way too easy, but I expected that. I'll start on Hard when I'm ready to play in earnest.

I've played all classes except Necro. Monk is my favorite, followed by Crusader and Barbarian who're tied. I expected to like Demon Hunter the most, but I never enjoyed it that much.

Not a Mage class kind of guy - but I think the Wizard is among the best of its kind.

Hate the Witch Doctor - but that's just a playstyle issue.

Let me know what kind of gameplay you enjoy, and I'll be able to make an informed recommendation.

Still playing ESO - and it's pretty much the only game I've had time for. I'm liking it more and more, instead of less. Almost never happens for me in games after this long.

Very close to CP 160. Absolutely hate the design decision to let the (real) game start at CP 160 instead of level 50 - but them's the breaks.

Joined a zerg during the PvP event and reached level 6 in Warfare much faster than expected.

Good times. Best MMO on the market by far.

Zerg???? In ESO????

Back
Top Bottom