Couchpotato's Random RPG News - Page 6 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

August 30th, 2018, 06:45
Originally Posted by daveyd View Post
Pyrodactyl Games, the makers of Unrest, are working on a game called The Red Stone.
I got some info about the game:

It's going to be a grid based tactical game with some RPG elements. Things are still in development though, so specifics may change.

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

August 30th, 2018, 07:51
I know but that is why i never played the first game. I thought I heard they were planning a major story campaign for the second so I started paying attention but either i was mistaken or they dropped it.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
There never was a campaign in the previous games either. Okay correction some of the spin-offs from other developers have a campaign, but not the main games.

At its core it can labeled as a sandbox where you make your own story. Though according to a devolper post the game will have a mini campaign in the beginning.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

August 30th, 2018, 12:09
Underworld Ascendant August 2018 Update.

loading…
Last week at Gamescom, we revealed a new trailer highlighting some of the characters, places, and conflict you can expect to see in Underworld Ascendant.
We’ll be launching on Steam for PC on November 15, 2018 for $29.99. Mac and Linux versions will be available shortly after. For our console fans, we’re also bringing Underworld Ascendant to Xbox One, PS4 and Switch in 2019!
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

August 31st, 2018, 03:23
How World of Warcraft Was Made
For 14 years, World of Warcraft has remained not only active, but relevant. It didn't define the massively-multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) genre, but it continues to evolve with the genre. World of Warcraft has sold millions of copies, made billions of dollars, and won hundreds of awards. With the release of its seventh expansion Battle for Azeroth, WoW still boasts a thriving fanbase.
Bethesda's Pete Hines on Playing Fallout 76 Solo
During an interview with Bethesda's Senior Vice President of global marketing and communications Pete Hines at Gamescom this year, I ask if he’s getting sick of talking about Bethesda’s position as the saviour of the single-player experience by now, several months since its ‘save player one’ campaign. “I mean, a little,” he says. “But single player is part of who we are. We're also the folks that make Elder Scrolls Online. We make Quake Champions. We make Elder Scrolls: Legends. But single player is part of who we are.”
Neverwinter The Heart of Fire Module Comes To PC In November

loading…

Warhorse Studios Teases Next Romantic DLC

loading…
‘The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon’, the next piece of DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, has received its first trailer.
Anthem will retain the “heart and soul of a BioWare experience
When it was revealed last year the BioWare was working on an online multiplayer shoot-and-loot title, speculation abound that this was the end of BioWare as we knew it.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Interview With CEO Armagan Yavuz
Mount & Blade is a game I’ve spoken about at length. From my impressions piece earlier today, even to dropping its name in articles for titles that have some similarities like Conqueror’s Blade. Following my hands-on time with Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, you can read my impressions here, I got to speak at length with TaleWorlds CEO Armagan Yavus.
Hating Shenmue While Respecting Its Place in the Industry
The recent Shenmue collection was my first hands-on exposure to the series. I had heard so much about it over the years, admiring Yu Suzuki’s vision; one which began life as a Sega Saturn title. Talk about ambitious. I’ve seen development videos and interviews, finding myself enamored with the tragic story of a meaningful franchise that would find itself hanging on a cliffhanger for eighteen years.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

September 1st, 2018, 02:46
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Gamescom 2018 Recap
Last week, we had the pleasure of attending Gamescom to present a hands-on demo of the singleplayer sandbox campaign of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord for the first time. Attending this kind of event is a lot of work, but at the same time, we had a lot of fun! More than 500 journalists, YouTubers, streamers, and even fellow developers from other companies came to our booth in the 3 days that we were present at the event. It was great having the opportunity to show what we are doing and it was humbling to see everyone so excited about the game!
Path of Exile:Delve Released

loading…

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Released

loading…
You have probably noticed a big update that came to Divinity: Original Sin 2. The big update is the Definitive Edition that was added.

People that have bought Original Sin 2 when it came out, get this for free. It is an optimized, revised, rebalanced version of the game, with a couple of new features, overhauled Arena mode, better UI, better journal, rewritten dialogues, and much more.
Phantom Brigade a turn-based tactical mech combat RPG

loading…
Phantom Brigade is a turn-based tactical RPG, focusing on in-depth customization and player driven stories. Outnumbered and out-gunned, lead The Brigade through a desperate campaign to retake their war-torn homeland.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 2nd, 2018 at 10:36.

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

September 1st, 2018, 13:44
Pathfinder : Kingmaker :

Did you know we had a booth at this year's Gamescom?
Yes, but I didn't want to wait that long in order to get my hands on it.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

September 1st, 2018, 23:38
Battle Brothers Developer Blog #102 - The Webknecht
So far we’ve talked about two new enemies that are part of the upcoming ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC and intended to spice up the mid to late game. We want to bring fresh enemies to all stages of the game, so this week we’ll take a look at a new beast aimed to bring variety mostly to the early game. Let’s crawl!
Edge of Eternity will launch on Early Access on November 29

loading…
Since its Kickstarter, Edge of Eternity underwent through a lot of changes. As the scope of the project widened, also did our needs. As a result, we have hired a few more talented hands to help us deliver the project we envisioned. Edge of Eternity became even grander.
Building a mod toolkit for Edge Of Eternity
Edge of Eternity was built with community in mind at the core of the game, so creating features that would emphasis on this community is something that we really wanted to do so building a modding kit for the game was a very natural decision.

Unity have already builtin some super nice features to help building such features like AssetBundles and C# language that allow runtime assembly loading.

I will first start by describing all the modding kit features that we currently implemented (there is still more coming but it’s right now work in progress!)
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 2nd, 2018 at 10:35.

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

September 2nd, 2018, 06:12
Ah Delve! I had forgotten that this was releasing this weekend. PoE has a lot of content but I generally get bored around Act 3 every time I start this. Delve sounds different at least.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

September 2nd, 2018, 12:12
Be gentle on Edge of eternity; first time developers. Actually what they have shown so far looks decent.
--
Phantom brigade seemed to appear from thin air; again is this going to be another surprise good game ? Last couple of games by the developers have good reviews but very different.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

September 2nd, 2018, 13:40
Not exactly first time, they also worked on Hover.

I'm not into J-RPGs really, but I visited them anyway at Gamescom this year because of the opinions on this forum and I can say that I still don't like that type of game. But that is just me, it doesn't mean it can't be a good game for others. They do have a cool feature for weapon upgrades, so that is nice.

The, somewhat short, article I have on the game is scheduled for Friday. I even tried to be objective
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
+1:

September 2nd, 2018, 13:42
In my case, J-RPGs simply aren't meeting my very personal taste of graphics style. That's why I don't play them.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 2nd, 2018, 17:18
You both suck.
Now buy Valkyria Chronicles and play it already - jrpg is not always brainless grind-o-rama with endless trashmobs and inability to save outside of checkpoints. Not saying Edge of Eternity won't be yet another mediocre overrated grinder.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)

September 2nd, 2018, 18:22
Phantom Brigade Gameplay (Battletech Alternative) Alpha Video

loading…

Bioware Says Anthem Will Focus Less on Branching Story

loading…

Black Desert Online Remastered doubles number of players
Kakao Games is reporting a "massive surge" in players for its MMO Black Desert Online a week after it launched a remastered version.
Cyberpunk 2077 Twitch's biggest reveal this year
Nearly half a million viewers tuned in to Twitch to watch what initially looked like a stream of random letters and numbers on a black screen. What it turned out to be was the first public gameplay reveal of CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077.
Announcing the Start of Anthem’s Pre-Launch Demo

loading…
We’ve rolled out a ton of news about Anthem™, but there’s one question we keep hearing that we haven’t been able to answer: when is the demo?! Well, friends, now we can answer that question. The public pre-launch demo will start on February 1.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

September 3rd, 2018, 19:35
Latest Shadows: Awakening Reviews

Gaming Trend 85/100
COGconnected 72/100
MMORPG.com 6.2/10
Gaming LYF 3.5/5

GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Homecoming Reveal Video

loading…

Beamdog announced a new voice and portrait pack
Waffle Crew cast members of the D&D Livestream Dice, Camera, Action! are recording voice-over packs for the Beamdog Enhanced Edition Family of games. Waffle Crew portrait and voice-over packs will be available as DLC in the following games on Steam, Beamdog, GOG, Google Play, and App Store:
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 3rd, 2018 at 22:05.

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

September 4th, 2018, 09:26
Will hijack this thread for some other news (already sent to a news editor)

Silverlemurgames showed some early video footage of their game Legends of Amberland:

loading…

More info at: http://www.silverlemurgames.com/cate…-of-amberland/

It was inspired by Dungeon Master, Eye of The Beholder 2, Might & Magic 3-5, Crystals of Arborea (a not so well known prequel to Ishar series), GoldBox series (Champions of Krynn, Dark Queen of Krynn, etc).

Core design choices:
1) Classic, 90 degree rotation, FPP, turn-based, tile movement RPG.
2) Party-based (7 party members assembled upon start).
3) Open world with a big overworld to explore.
4) Fast paced combat. Quick travel. Easy inventory management. No grind.
5) Light, fairy tale like fantasy, epic story about heroes on a noble quest.

Mechanics:
Mechanically it’s 100% turn based (so you can go and make tea in the middle of a fight) with grid movement and 90 degree rotation.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

September 4th, 2018, 14:41
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - PAX 2018: Behind the scenes Video

loading…
If you've ever wanted to see what PAX West is all about, this video will show you all the excitement! See our booth setup, the merch store and meet our amazing volunteers.
Grim Dawn Grim Misadventure #146
Today, we’re going to take a closer look at some of the incredible item art coming your way with the expansion, which not so coincidentally was the centerpiece of the Oathkeeper class art.
IGN’s Criticism Of Dragon Quest XI’s Sexiness Nets Them Scorn From Fans

loading…
When gamers go into a review they’re looking for information and detailed and thorough depictions of the gameplay, the mechanics, and the story. When gamers happened upon IGN’s review of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, they were met with criticisms about sexism and sexiness.
Gataela a new RPG for Gamers who Love to Debate

loading…
A Victorian Steampunk RPG where saving the Kingdom requires more than just brains and brawn: you also need to talk to people! Featuring a debate battle system, talk, debate, convince and negotiate with NPCs in order to save the country!
Pillars of Eternity II PAX West Twitch Panel
As you may have noticed by now, many of Obsidian's senior developers left the Pillars of Eternity II team after the base game was released, leaving the game's three DLC expansions to be developed by a small team of mostly junior employees. The newbies seem to have done a decent enough job on the Beast of Winter expansion, and perhaps as a reward they were given the opportunity to deliver a panel about it at PAX West yesterday. The panel is mostly about the creation of Vatnir, the expansion's grotesque sidekick, from his background and personality to his visual design and modelling to his racial and class abilities. It's a fun watch, but the real reason I'm posting this is because at the very end, Mikey Dowling unveils the teaser trailer for the upcoming Seeker, Slayer, Survivor expansion. Obsidian haven't published the trailer on their YouTube channel yet, but you can see it at 55:06.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

September 4th, 2018, 14:56
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
When gamers happened upon IGN’s review of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, they were met with criticisms about sexism and sexiness.
I bought the game because of two things - abnormally ugly characters and puff puff. No I don't know what puff puff in this game actually is, but my dirty mind can think of plenty possibilities, each more kinky fun than another.

IGN and their "teach kids morality" idiocy can rot for all I care. The game has age check so there. Don't like fiction and fantasy? Move to India where Dragon Age Inquisition is banned because of fantasy sex with a horned creature while gang rape happens on the street every now and then.

I don't like videoreviews, but there is a good thing when it comes to youtube ones. One can downvote the trash. And I just did it.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)

September 5th, 2018, 15:22
The New World - Changing the Name
We picked the name (The New World) a few months before the first reports about Amazon's MMO hit the net, meaning we didn't know about Amazon's New World back then. Yes, we should have double-checked again before launching the site, but we didn't. Back then it wasn't clear if the MMO is still in development as there were rumors of cancellations, so we decided to wait and see what transpires. Well, as of last week it's clear that Amazon's New World is alive and kicking, which means we have to change the name.

I really liked The New World as it fits the game perfectly and while Amazon hasn't contacted us about the name, their pre- and post-release media campaign would drown us. Fortunately, we haven't done any real marketing yet, so changing the name is relatively easy at this point. All we need is a fitting name, which is where you come in.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker “Tavern Party” Trailer

loading…
On the closing day of PAX West, Owlcat Games and Deep Silver would like to say thank you to all the fans and take this opportunity to share the latest trailer “Tavern Party” for Pathfinder: Kingmaker the critically acclaimed and highly anticipated cRPG! Join our intrepid adventurers as they kick-back a little and discuss their next exciting risk filled quest!
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

September 5th, 2018, 16:43
5 Times Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Broke our Hearts

loading…
We had a look at the definitive edition of Divinity: Original Sin 2 and discovered that, while it's a stunning game, it's also incredibly heartbreaking. Suffer with us as Bendix lists 5 things that really got to her.
Anthem PAX West 2018 Full Panel

loading…
This is the full recording of BioWare's Anthem Panel at PAX West 2018 entitled "Our World, Your Story".
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

September 5th, 2018, 19:24
I don't know if what I've got in my e-mail folder today is simply spam or trolling or a hidden Trojan … But that question simply baffled me :

"Ist die hier angebotene Switch Version 100% Uncut?"
Translation :

"Is this Switch version offered here 100 % uncut ?"

Something called "Amazon Answers" had sent me that,
perhaps because I had ordered POEII at Amazon.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News