Jedi: Fallen Order - Impressions - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Jedi: Fallen Order - Impressions

Default Jedi: Fallen Order - Impressions

November 20th, 2019, 10:15
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Any product is not a game, a game is gameplay related.
This is plain wrong.
Cow clickers are all around gameplay, but are not games.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)

November 20th, 2019, 11:12
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
This game has LOT less mobs than DS. I would say about 80% less mobs than DS games so even if you die, you are not killing 100s of mobs to get you where you were. We are talking about 10 mobs max. Other thing is that you have multiple difficulty levels and even on the 3rd highest its noting compared to DS.

This game is a platformer and DS and Shadow of Mordor are not. Most of my deaths in this game are due falling down since I missed timed my jumps! Also this game is a puzzle even more than DS so you will spend lot of timing finding your way. I would say so far, 60% of my time is running around and figuring out how to get to places. Combat is about 30% and rest 10%. As you can see combat is not a huge factor at all.

So far I am actually enjoying the platformer aspect and puzzle solving nature of it since I have been able to figure most of the stuff without too much trouble but I can see why some people may not like this or I might begin to hate them if they get too annoying!

Also unlike Shadow of Mordor, jump timing matter. In Shadow of Mordor and Assassin Creed, your character will easily latch on stuff but not here so timing matter and where you jump matter as well.

Also Shadow of Mordor is very "open" world and its not a puzzle .

All my impression are based on the first 3 planets in the game and I don't know how many more plants to go!
Alright, thanks for letting me know.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 20th, 2019, 18:46
Really like the look of this, and what I'm hearing about it. Braced for disappointment as SW games are usually pants, but quietly optimistic.
--
“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Falksi

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

November 20th, 2019, 19:18
Kotaku scoreless review:
https://kotaku.com/star-wars-jedi-fa…iew-1839940185
Type of game
Lightsaber dating sim.

Liked
All the Star Wars stuff, great lightsaber fights, zero midi-chlorians.

disliked
Lots of bugs, difficulty spikes, no Ewoks.
Additional article:
https://kotaku.com/star-wars-jedi-fa…s-t-1839948164
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bugs Are Forcing Players To Start The Game Over
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)

November 21st, 2019, 07:14
Looks like a game I might enjoy. Fun star wars stuff for the xmas holidays. Although I'm not a big fan of savepoint based save systems, I take this fun relaxing sw romp with open arms which I hopefully find time to play as things calm down a bit. I went through those trailers and seeing this jedi fellow ignite his lightsaber and then slashing through bunch of strormies and dark jedi made me feel like that kid dreaming of that time in a galaxy far, far way once again. Bzuhzzzzzzzuhzzzzzuhzzzz!!!!

ps. if you're a star wars fan like myself, I urge you to watch the new series mandalorian. Awesome stuff.

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Jedi: Fallen Order - Impressions