Platform: SWITCH

#1. The Outer Worlds
Platform: PC PS4 XBOX ONE SWITCH[2020]

BONUS
The Surge 2
Platform: PC PS4 XBOX ONE

Pokemon Sword and Shield
Platform: SWITCH

Sekiro (sort of an RPG, although the creators have dubbed it an Action-Adventure game)
Platform: PC PS4 XBOX ONE

Children of Morta
Platform: PC
More information.

Sekiro gets great reviews - how many RPG elements are in this sword fighting game?

So The Division 2, Remnant: From The Ashes, & Borderlands 3 are RPGs……?

These list videos get worse each year.:roll:

The worst year in terms of well-budgeted RPGs I remember, and I'm not precisely a teenager. In the bright side, it's hard for 2020 to do worse. In fact, it's fair to say that there are at least four games coming next year that would blow that list above without even calling it worthy competition.

OMG. That list… the biggest eye-roll I can possibly do.

Look forward to their best strategy game list, topped off by Anthem.

Last edited:
For the first time in years I don't have a top 3 but a top 2 only. :|

Sekiro gets great reviews - how many RPG elements are in this sword fighting game?

Pretty much none, It’s strictly an action adventure game. No weapons or armor to find, no attributes, pre made character, no leveling, you just buy skills with your XP. Few NPC’s very limited dialogue.

So while it’s definitely not an rpg, its an excellent action/adventure game and would be my game of the year.

What a crap list. Putting aside the games that are obviously not rpgs, even the rpgs look mediocre this year. I see only one game on there that I'm mildly interested in - Sekiro, and I already know its not a rpg but rather action adventure. And the rest? Yawn.

Thankfully next year is looking a lot more promising, with highly anticipated titles such as Realms Beyond and Wasteland 3 and Dark Envoy.

What a crap list. Putting aside the games that are obviously not rpgs, even the rpgs look mediocre this year. I see only one game on there that I'm mildly interested in - Sekiro, and I already know its not a rpg but rather action adventure. And the rest? Yawn.

Thankfully next year is looking a lot more promising, with highly anticipated titles such as Realms Beyond and Wasteland 3 and Dark Envoy.
Yeah this year hasn't been good for RPGs. At least next year is looking better with Wasteland 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 and many more.

Still Greedfall & The Outer Worlds have at least redeemed the final few months for me.

No one likes to disco these days.

Yeah this year hasn't been good for RPGs. At least next year is looking better with Wasteland 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 and many more.

Still Greedfall & The Outer Worlds have at least redeemed the final few months for me.

No one likes to disco these days.
Well I still haven't played it but a few close friends describe it as a point and click game with RPG elements. My opinion is I'd agree but the voice acting looks well done.

Got to agree with a few posters here. The best "RPG" games I've played this year are various Soulslike games that are more action adventure games than RPGs (Sekiro, Code Vein, Jedi Fallen Order). The only "real" RPG I've enjoyed in 2019 is Greedfall, and I feel it's only because of the lack of competition.

Back
Top Bottom