Colony Ship - CSG Update #49 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Colony Ship - CSG Update #49

Default Colony Ship - CSG Update #49

December 27th, 2020, 18:05
Pladio spotted the new development update for Colony Ship:

CSG update #49 - Hydroponics and progress update

We hoped to wrap up everything in December and start the beta in mid-Jan, but we're still 3-4 weeks of work away from the finish line. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we get there, another month of work would pop up out of nowhere, but let's stay positive and hope it's the final stretch.

On the programming side, the last hurdle is the non-human enemies. They have properties such creatures never had in our previous games, which required more work and changes than anticipated. They can be placed on walls (see the old wasteland concept), have abilities humans don't, different THC formulas that doesn't factor in stats and skills, different movement (a frog jumps over several tiles), etc.

The other task is relatively minor. When you enter a stealth mode, the designated infiltrator is removed from the party (provided you have one), which waits outside. If combat starts (if you're spotted by guards or fail to kill a guard from behind, we need to switch to the party mode and teleport the party inside the building (at the entrance point, not next to you).

On the scripting side, the framework is done. What's left to script are the journal entries, quest rewards, and reputation modifiers. Overall, the game is shaping up well and we hope you'll enjoy it. The first chapter has 3 locations (the Pit, Armory, Hydroponics), 22 quests with multiple solutions, and 30+ fights.

Speaking of Hydroponics:

The Hydroponic Division was originally conceived to adapt Terran plants to the anticipated environment of Proxima Centauri. Extensive gene-editing was employed to develop resistance to alien fungi and pests, and accelerated adaptation hacked into the plants' genetic code.

Like many other critical systems, Hydroponics was abandoned during the Mutiny. The carefully cultivated flora and fauna was left on its own in harsh environs designed to propagate rapid and brutal evolutionary cycles. When men returned to reclaim Hydroponics, they discovered an environment as wild and hostile as any Earth jungle…

[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

December 27th, 2020, 18:16
Cautiously excited for this one

Giovanni1983

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 27th, 2020, 21:18
Probably one of my most wanted games to play. Fingers crossed it's released in 2021.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)

December 27th, 2020, 21:26
Frogs?

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

December 27th, 2020, 21:38
Tried the demo and didn't care for it. I really liked Age of Decadence though, so I'll probably give this another shot further down the line.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)

December 28th, 2020, 00:02
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Probably one of my most wanted games to play. Fingers crossed it's released in 2021.
Once upon a time, I assumed that Colony Ship would automatically be GoTY in whatever year it comes out in, but if it comes out this year it could have rough competition, Pathfinder:WoTR + BG3

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

December 28th, 2020, 15:33
Early Access will be 2021, full release will take more time.
--
Iron Tower Studio Developer.
Last edited by Elhoim; December 28th, 2020 at 17:44.

Elhoim

ITS Developer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 29th, 2020, 00:41
Frogs; one of the many ways your character can croak in this game.

But will there be giant rats?

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

December 29th, 2020, 14:53
Dear Colony Ship, when I try you out for the first time: please be good, Please be good!
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

December 30th, 2020, 10:01
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Tried the demo and didn't care for it. I really liked Age of Decadence though, so I'll probably give this another shot further down the line.
It's not a person to care for it idiot, it's a game…The game that will end all games.

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 30th, 2020, 11:37

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 30th, 2020, 11:51
Can you elaborate? I enjoyed AoD demo (haven't played full game yet) and also keeping an eye on this, so curious on why you didn't enjoy CS demo.

purpleblob

Mentioned: Post(s)

December 30th, 2020, 14:48
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Can you elaborate? I enjoyed AoD demo (haven't played full game yet) and also keeping an eye on this, so curious on why you didn't enjoy CS demo.
Well, for one, there was hardly anything to interact with in the demo. Also, the combat was just a series of fights in an arena, and I don't like arena style encounters.

The demo is still on Steam. You should try it yourself and see if you like it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 30th, 2020, 15:20
Well, for one, there was hardly anything to interact with in the demo. Also, the combat was just a series of fights in an arena, and I don't like arena style encounters.

The demo is still on Steam. You should try it yourself and see if you like it.
That's why it is called a "demo" you witless old fart . It doesn't represent the whole content…

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

December 30th, 2020, 21:29
Originally Posted by DarkOzric View Post
That's why it is called a "demo" you witless old fart . It doesn't represent the whole content…
So the purpose of a demo isn't to give players an idea of what the game is like?

You're not even good at trolling tbh.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 31st, 2020, 10:27
So the purpose of a demo isn't to give players an idea of what the game is like?

You're not even good at trolling tbh.
Poor boomer, you are 800 years old and you don't even have an idea of what a demo is after so many years… Also people who liked AoD already know what to expect from the game, they don't need a fucking 10 minute demo. Only some few retards like you need explanation on everything.

Happy New Year Boomer!
Last edited by DarkOzric; December 31st, 2020 at 10:38.

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

December 31st, 2020, 11:02
Originally Posted by DarkOzric View Post
Poor boomer, you are 800 years old and you don't even have an idea of what a demo is after so many years… Also people who liked AoD already know what to expect from the game, they don't need a fucking 10 minute demo. Only some few retards like you need explanation on everything.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 31st, 2020, 15:17
Isn't the demo actually public combat beta? As per my understanding that probably doesnt show much else then combat mechanics? Didnt try it myself, just read about it, so I can be wrong.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

December 31st, 2020, 15:23
Just ignore DarkOzric.

The demo is literally only meant to show the combat at this stage.
It's interesting if you want to understand how the combat works and try out some builds, but it doesn't give a feel for the game and how that's going to play.

However, it's likely that if you enjoyed the gameplay in AoD you would in this game too as they're using many of the same design philosophies.

And vice versa.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

December 31st, 2020, 18:26
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
However, it's likely that if you enjoyed the gameplay in AoD you would in this game too as they're using many of the same design philosophies.

And vice versa.
You said to him to ignore me and then you tell him the same thing as I said to him previously, LOL…I guess the brain-muscle on this forum is very thin…

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Colony Ship - CSG Update #49