Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Tip and Tricks -

Well, like you said, the DLC doesn't impact the game for a while anyway so there's no rush.

Apologies for bumping an old thread, I couldn't resist posting on the sheer joy I'm having playing this game now for the past four days. So far I'm still messing with the base game/overall quest, yet finding plenty of chances to explore the areas a bit and pick all the weeds in sight! I have to improve on the combat part though, at least I've some armor now.

I've taken the main quest up to the point where I had to solo-battle that lunatic Runt, and man, was that a fight! I must have had to circle that little area for twenty minutes or more before I finally put him down, and I took a good deal of damage both to myself and gear along the way. Now I'm taking a slight break from the main quest to work on some side ones, as I'm assuming I might be somewhat under-leveled for the main series at the moment.

I've taken the main quest up to the point where I had to solo-battle that lunatic Runt, and man, was that a fight! I must have had to circle that little area for twenty minutes or more before I finally put him down, and I took a good deal of damage both to myself and gear along the way. Now I'm taking a slight break from the main quest to work on some side ones, as I'm assuming I might be somewhat under-leveled for the main series at the moment.

Is that the Bandit Leader who took your sword and that you duel in the fortress? One of the most difficult fight in the entire game, imo. I spent so much time "scouting" that fortress, trying to figure the pattern of the guards, trying to stab and hide whoever I could. So difficult... and enjoyable :)

Yup, I think his name was Runt, a total misnomer, because he gave me the fight of my life. In the end I think his not wearing a helmet was his real downfall, not my inept sword skills, lol. I got in three or four lucky head-shots, and then when he went into recovery mode, I was able to lay down some extra damage. He might have won in the end though, it took me three hundred coins to repair all my gear!

I did my due diligence on the scouting. I was only able to remove one barrel of arrows, yet I poisoned a bunch of food pots, I think it was four or five of them. I can only hope that helped us with the main assault, the game never really said if those before-hand preps really paid off.

Now I'm taking a break off the main series, and doing some quest for Lady Stephanie. She has this shopping list for a wedding that I'm currently working on, so between that and my addictive flower-picking, I should recover all my losses. I'm really having fun with this, the fighting reminds me of my SCA days, even the horse riding is fun. The only non-fun thing I've encountered so far is trying to lock pick, they made this way harder than it is even in real life!

Really? I thought lockpicking was pretty easy. Except at the very beginning, I don't think I broke more than a handful lockpick in the entire game. But I have heard that people using a console controller are having a much more difficult time lockpicking than me with my mouse/keyboard.

Never been a flower-picking guy myself :) Most of my income came from selling bandit equipment (like those valuable hunter gloves).

The one skill I have never really mastered is Alchemy. It's a bit too tedious for me and I have never bothered to learn how to do it properly. It's never an important skill, anyhow.

I'm still rampaging along in the world, last night after doing what seemed to be a main quest, I saw the credits roll, so I think I'm almost done with the game. Unless it lets me play afterwards, in which case I might explore a bit more and wrap up some lingering quests in my journal.

So I did finish Kingdom Come last week, and I've only played the base game, I don't think any additional content was out when I first got this. Are any of the expansions worth playing, for those that might have tried them out? I'm looking for specific quest-type content, nothing like building a village.

Back
Top Bottom