Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Let there be Light

I have one more question after watching the trailer again (unless this is covered in dev diary and I missed it).

With the game's importance with the verticality/3D space, is there a chance your companion may block your line of sight or even make you take a shot with a risk to injure the party member instead?

@Myzzrym;,

Regarding races/classes/archetypes, will you implement only those found in D&D 5th Edition's PHB or will you also include them from other sourcebooks? Will you implement new races/classes/archetypes of your own (meaning, not found in any D&D sourcebooks)?

Thanks in advance!

Since the game isn't 2D-limited, that means our party's mage can cast Fly spell over our fighter in order to make her reach that enemy who's flying over our heads, right? So can we have a battle involving two flying warriors (ours and enemy's)? And when/if the spell is dispelled will the flying warrior take the corresponding falling damage?

While I cannot guarantee this situation will happen in-game (although nothing prevents it), unless something changes later down the line this is a possibility indeed. You could have multiple characters flying around trying to bash each other. And yes falling damage is a thing of course, so fly responsibly :p

Also: will the game implement some form of fight/encounters in the Ethereal Plane (e.g. by means of Etherealness spell)?

Can't say anything about that.

I'm playing tabletop D&D 5th edition with friends here, and I must say I pretty much like what I've seen from your game. It is tailored for me :)

Woohoo! :D

With the game's importance with the verticality/3D space, is there a chance your companion may block your line of sight or even make you take a shot with a risk to injure the party member instead?

Since we're going according to the ruleset and there isn't friendly fire on ranged attacks (at least, not that I can remember), there shouldn't be a risk to injure an ally with an arrow (now don't let that be an excuse to start indiscriminately throwing fireballs, it doesn't work quite the same). I do believe however that there is something about half cover if your ally stands in the way, but I can't remember exactly so don't quote me on that.

Regarding races/classes/archetypes, will you implement only those found in D&D 5th Edition's PHB or will you also include them from other sourcebooks? Will you implement new races/classes/archetypes of your own (meaning, not found in any D&D sourcebooks)?

Alright so keep in mind we're a small team and this is our first project, so we need to start small if we want to release an proper, polished and complete game. Second thing is, we're not licensed by WotC - meaning that we need to be careful about what we implement.

In the long run, Solasta being a completely separate setting there is no telling what will appear there. That being said, in the immediate future we're still talking about a High Fantasy world, with the good ol' regulars (Human, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings...). Archetypes are trademarked so we'll be making our own.

Yeah, do be super careful if you're independent from WotC - from what I've read, they'll be on you like a shot if you touch anything from their IP. As I understand it, you can copy the rules pretty much wholesale, but all the details of the world, monsters, spells, etc, have to be different.

Back
Top Bottom