ES4: Oblivion - Terry Pratchett Liked Modding

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN reports that Terry Pratchett made some Oblivion mods.

Pratchett’s love of modding was intense enough that he eventually donated writing to a companion mod for Oblivion. Nord alchemist Vilja, who you can find over on Nexus Mods, has more than 130 voice-acted lines of chatter written by Pratchett, and his writing was also used for the Skyrim version (Vilja's "great-great-granddaughter”).

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Yep, the companion mod has quite a long involved series of questlines. You can sort of tell what lines are written by Pratchett. Probably one of the better companion mods out there for Skyrim, it is mostly "sweet".

Huh? Personally I found her completely insufferable and she talked...weird. ( Inigo is way better). Must come later afterwards.
Ended up Fus-ro-Vilja off the mountain. :cool:

Huh? Personally I found her completely insufferable and she talked…weird. ( Inigo is way better). Must come later afterwards.
Ended up Fus-ro-Vilja off the mountain. :cool:

What! What! How dare you sir? How dare you. Actually you are right, but you can change the frequency of her non environmental comments and she is one of the mods that responds to other NPCs, like Lydia and in fact Inigo, which is kind of neat cross functionality. Wish other NPCs had that functionality. Pratchetts wrting is more comical than the more deadpan Skyrim setting, which can be jarring, I guess. Ultimately it depends on taste/ opinion.

Pratchetts wrting is more comical than the more deadpan Skyrim setting, which can be jarring, I guess.

I originally compared it to Hitchhiker's Guide meets Lord of the Rings - that is until he started thinking he was a philosopher.

Back
Top Bottom