Kickstarter - Through the Moongate - Part II

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A Kickstarter campaign for the second part of a book about the story of Richard Garriott, Origin Systems Inc and Ultima has started:

Through the Moongate - Part II

The story of Richard Garriott, Origin Systems Inc and Ultima - From Wing Commander and Ultima VII to Portalarium

Greetings, traveller!

If you've ever played a computer role-playing game (CRPG), chances are that Ultima played a part in its inspiration. Created by visionary Richard Garriott, and produced by his company Origin Systems, Inc., Ultima is one of the most important and influential CRPG series in the world. Through the Moongate illuminates the path of the Ultima games' history and the creative people behind this landmark series. It also covers some of Origin's other games, especially Wing Commander, and touches on several contemporary titles you may have missed. Many of these exciting tales have never before been told. If that intrigues you, then won't you step with me...

The Project
Through the Moongate is the ambitious two-volume comprehensive history of the Ultima series, Lord British, and Origin Systems at-large. Part I was successfully Kickstarted on October 16th, 2018 and covered Richard Garriott's humble beginnings up through Ultima VI. Part II covers Ultima VII to Portalarium and includes Wing Commander and other important Origin titles.

You can find the complete index for both Part 1 and Part 2 here as well as more information on the project as a whole.

[...]
More information.

Maybe 10 years ago i would be interested. But, since he abandoned what made him famous, i really don't care.

It looks to be a history of Origin as a whole, rather than just a biography of Garriott, which makes it a lot more interesting in my book.

I kept a pretty good eye on Garriott and his career when I was playing his games, but since that was several decades ago, I've no interest in it now. If he'd continued making what put him on the map, I might have been a bit more keen about a project such as this.

Whats the kickstarter for? A wikipedia page entry?

Wait, I'm guessing slightly made up 'new' Garriot stories as well as the classic....

"So there I was, wandering around Moonglow and this fisher was just standing on the bank....."

He can kiss my ass.

Ha, how honest will the chapter on portalarium be? Will it talk about the shroud cash grab?

I think I could not handle such a sad ending, and I have even seen game of thrones end....

Back
Top Bottom