King's Bounty II - Preview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A game preview by GamePressure for King's Bounty 2

The most surprising thing for someone who spent some time with the first installment of the renewed series (and half their school years on various Heroes of Might & Magic games) is how hard it is to find bearings around this game. Our greatest enemy are not the powerful trolls or armed skeletons, but mostly the gameplay design. Although I do not generally approve of repetitiveness in video games, I found myself thinking that King's Bounty II could have been so cool if only the developers went along the line of least resistance. There is virtually no trace of transparency, which was usually the hallmark of other games of the genre. The turn-based battle mode is where this is most obvious - instead of a single figure representing the whole unit, we actually see the entire units, which results in the battlefield being pretty stuffed with units.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

That’s an overly negative article. He has some points, but I wouldn’t say it is as bad as he makes it out to be.

Interesting (and unfortunate)... a lot of his impressions mirrored mine from just looking at the initial trailer they released.

I'm in minority it seems... But I like what I saw so far. The first one was re-used several times so I'm pretty bored of that formula. I need some novelty in this franchise to keep me interested.

I see that as a major issue with this new game, the old assets have been used and reused so often that fans really want to see some improvements/changes in this newest offering.

Interesting (and unfortunate)… a lot of his impressions mirrored mine from just looking at the initial trailer they released.
Same here. I have very low expectations for this just by looking at the scarce material published so far. It kind of makes me think that they are setting the focus on the wrong elements and for the wrong reasons and this preview just seems to confirm it. It reminds me to the direction of the last Heroes of Might and Magic games under Ubisoft.

I hope to be wrong, but visually at least, I think this looks much worse than the previous games, so bland and generic.

Back
Top Bottom