Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker

November 18th, 2020, 02:25
Me too - to her review and the game both

I have had alpha access but avoided it. But with winter break coming and COVID cases on the rise I relented as I want something fun to do stuck inside. So downloaded the alpha and will probably dig into it a bit over thanksgiving break since I am not going anywhere or having guests. A good time to play

Want to try and avoid burn out though. Will see how my self control goes lol.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
wolfgrimdark is offline

wolfgrimdark

wolfgrimdark's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#21

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 2,736
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

Default 

November 18th, 2020, 09:54
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
Pathfinder: Kingmaker captures the charm of the Baldur's Gate games in ways that many of the "spiritual successors" failed to. Why is this so? I honestly can't say.
I think the main reason is simple: It's a D20 ruleset.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: Cyberpunk 2077
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#22

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,796
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Default 

December 7th, 2020, 22:14
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Yes, I've written it
You may consider proposing your review to @felipepepe for his update of The CRPG Book. If that's still on, the list of games is here (link found on this page). From that list, that particular review is not assigned yet.. but I don't see many updates of this document, so I'm not sure
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Sentinel

#23

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

December 7th, 2020, 22:41
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
You may consider proposing your review to @felipepepe for his update of The CRPG Book. If that's still on, the list of games is here (link found on this page). From that list, that particular review is not assigned yet.. but I don't see many updates of this document, so I'm not sure
Hey, I was considering too but I think mine will be too long for his book and I will have to update my review to include changes implemented with enhanced plus edition.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#24

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,017
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)

Default 

December 8th, 2020, 14:49
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Hey, I was considering too but I think mine will be too long for his book and I will have to update my review to include changes implemented with enhanced plus edition.
I understand
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Sentinel

#25

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

December 8th, 2020, 15:42
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Hey, I was considering too but I think mine will be too long for his book and I will have to update my review to include changes implemented with enhanced plus edition.
Which means you could play again
Pladio is online now

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

#26

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,727
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

Default 

December 8th, 2020, 18:09
Another strategy would be targeting Wrath of the Righteous, which should be in the 2020-2024 book update. That leaves you 4 years to do it
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Sentinel

#27

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

December 8th, 2020, 23:34
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Which means you could play again
I would but I'm so wrapped up with Wrath of the Righteous alpha playthroughs!!!

I just finished alpha 2 for the first time and going to replay chapter 3 again (I played chap1 and 2 dozen times before alpha 2 so trying to avoid burning myself out).

Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Another strategy would be targeting Wrath of the Righteous, which should be in the 2020-2024 book update. That leaves you 4 years to do it
I can ask felipepepe if he'd be interested in using my Kingmaker review first, I guess. I'm just happy with the amount of detail I've put in Kingmaker Watch review and unsure how much I can cut it down without losing too much detail for felipepepe's book.

I want to do the same for Wrath of the Righteous - as in, I would like to write another detailed review without being restricted to two pages (or whatever word count felipepepe wants).

The book already includes my Baldur's Gate 2 review, so I'm already happy
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#28

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,017
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

December 9th, 2020, 01:20
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I would but I'm so wrapped up with Wrath of the Righteous alpha playthroughs!!!

I just finished alpha 2 for the first time and going to replay chapter 3 again (I played chap1 and 2 dozen times before alpha 2 so trying to avoid burning myself out).
Happy you're having so much fun with these games. I couldn't finish PKM in the end due to its length and that stupid house of time. I tend to get tired of games after about 100 hours or so unless they have an amazing ending and I found PKM going to wrong way with that map.

Really enjoyed it a lot though. And that's saying a lot from me because I generally dislike RTwP. I didn't try with TB mod, but I might for the Wrath of the Righteous.
Pladio is online now

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

#29

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,727
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

Default 

December 9th, 2020, 01:58
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Happy you're having so much fun with these games. I couldn't finish PKM in the end due to its length and that stupid house of time. I tend to get tired of games after about 100 hours or so unless they have an amazing ending and I found PKM going to wrong way with that map.

Really enjoyed it a lot though. And that's saying a lot from me because I generally dislike RTwP. I didn't try with TB mod, but I might for the Wrath of the Righteous.
You will be glad to know WotR will be shorter than Kingmaker but with lots of replayability

It's a shame House at the Edge of Time was so poorly done - they've made some changes with the recent patch so its a bit less tedious now though!

IMO, the story in Kingmaker is great but you don't get to see the amazing twists until you hit the ending slides :/
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#30

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,017
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:24.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch