Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker

November 18th, 2020, 02:25
Me too - to her review and the game both

I have had alpha access but avoided it. But with winter break coming and COVID cases on the rise I relented as I want something fun to do stuck inside. So downloaded the alpha and will probably dig into it a bit over thanksgiving break since I am not going anywhere or having guests. A good time to play

Want to try and avoid burn out though. Will see how my self control goes lol.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

November 18th, 2020, 09:54
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
Pathfinder: Kingmaker captures the charm of the Baldur's Gate games in ways that many of the "spiritual successors" failed to. Why is this so? I honestly can't say.
I think the main reason is simple: It's a D20 ruleset.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Cyberpunk 2077

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

December 7th, 2020, 22:14
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Yes, I've written it
You may consider proposing your review to @felipepepe for his update of The CRPG Book. If that's still on, the list of games is here (link found on this page). From that list, that particular review is not assigned yet.. but I don't see many updates of this document, so I'm not sure

Redglyph

Sentinel

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

December 7th, 2020, 22:41
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
You may consider proposing your review to @felipepepe for his update of The CRPG Book. If that's still on, the list of games is here (link found on this page). From that list, that particular review is not assigned yet.. but I don't see many updates of this document, so I'm not sure
Hey, I was considering too but I think mine will be too long for his book and I will have to update my review to include changes implemented with enhanced plus edition.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)

December 8th, 2020, 14:49
Hey, I was considering too but I think mine will be too long for his book and I will have to update my review to include changes implemented with enhanced plus edition.
I understand

Redglyph

Sentinel

December 8th, 2020, 15:42
Which means you could play again

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

December 8th, 2020, 18:09
Another strategy would be targeting Wrath of the Righteous, which should be in the 2020-2024 book update. That leaves you 4 years to do it

Redglyph

Sentinel

December 8th, 2020, 23:34
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Which means you could play again
I would but I'm so wrapped up with Wrath of the Righteous alpha playthroughs!!!

I just finished alpha 2 for the first time and going to replay chapter 3 again (I played chap1 and 2 dozen times before alpha 2 so trying to avoid burning myself out).

Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Another strategy would be targeting Wrath of the Righteous, which should be in the 2020-2024 book update. That leaves you 4 years to do it
I can ask felipepepe if he'd be interested in using my Kingmaker review first, I guess. I'm just happy with the amount of detail I've put in Kingmaker Watch review and unsure how much I can cut it down without losing too much detail for felipepepe's book.

I want to do the same for Wrath of the Righteous - as in, I would like to write another detailed review without being restricted to two pages (or whatever word count felipepepe wants).

The book already includes my Baldur's Gate 2 review, so I'm already happy
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

December 9th, 2020, 01:20
I would but I'm so wrapped up with Wrath of the Righteous alpha playthroughs!!!

I just finished alpha 2 for the first time and going to replay chapter 3 again (I played chap1 and 2 dozen times before alpha 2 so trying to avoid burning myself out).
Happy you're having so much fun with these games. I couldn't finish PKM in the end due to its length and that stupid house of time. I tend to get tired of games after about 100 hours or so unless they have an amazing ending and I found PKM going to wrong way with that map.

Really enjoyed it a lot though. And that's saying a lot from me because I generally dislike RTwP. I didn't try with TB mod, but I might for the Wrath of the Righteous.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

December 9th, 2020, 01:58
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Happy you're having so much fun with these games. I couldn't finish PKM in the end due to its length and that stupid house of time. I tend to get tired of games after about 100 hours or so unless they have an amazing ending and I found PKM going to wrong way with that map.

Really enjoyed it a lot though. And that's saying a lot from me because I generally dislike RTwP. I didn't try with TB mod, but I might for the Wrath of the Righteous.
You will be glad to know WotR will be shorter than Kingmaker but with lots of replayability

It's a shame House at the Edge of Time was so poorly done - they've made some changes with the recent patch so its a bit less tedious now though!

IMO, the story in Kingmaker is great but you don't get to see the amazing twists until you hit the ending slides :/
--

purpleblob

Princess

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Pathfinder: Kingmaker