It's just another launcher!

Fair enough - I will try to remember how vurt articulates just another annoyance :)

What do you see if not annoyance? I'm curious. Do you see me claiming i'll quit gaming, that i'm absolutely outraged? I tried to give a comical / sarcastic view of how it can be.

I see people "rant" for far less on a daily basis, both here and elsewhere.

What do you see if not annoyance, i'm curious. Do you see me claiming i'll quit gaming, that i'm absolutely outraged? I tried to give a comical view of how it can be.

I see people "rant" for far less on a daily basis.

As I said, you made it sound like more of a serious problem. I don't think it was just your words - but more the fact that you insisted on replying to my post which wasn't directed at you but the OP, which I interpreted as you actually having a real problem with the situation.

But, again, now I know you didn't mean it like that - and that it was some kind of an attempt at humor.

Annoyance, of course, is a matter of degree. I don't know how to interpret that exactly, either.

For me, as I said, it's a minor annoyance. Contrasted with the advantages and how things USED to be - I really see it as a complete non-issue.

I still take it it's slightly worse for you, right?

As for what people rant about - I don't see how that's really relevant here. I'm not trying to put any kind of value judgment on your problem.

I just (honestly) don't understand it.

..and I frankly don't understand what's so hard to understand. No one in their right mind would find it fun or convenient to look for the game they want to install on perhaps 6 different launchers before they can install it. Not that it always will happen, but it will happen from time to time and especially more so in the future i reckon.

That app would be good to have, eventually.

..and I frankly don't understand what's so hard to understand. No one in their right mind would find it fun or convenient to look for the game they want to install on perhaps 6 different launchers before they can install it. Not that it always will happen but it will happen from time to time.

I think this is one of those cases where I don't see the point in going in circles about something we clearly don't understand about each other.

What do you say we accept this reality and move on? :)

As for the app, sure - fewer minor inconveniences is something I can always get behind.

We also need an app that allows us to know which games we have and in which launcher so we don't need to open 6 launchers and browse through all of them.

I'm already having that problem sometimes. "oh, it's not on Steam? I'm pretty sure i bought it..? Let me check on GOG. No.. Ah, then it's probably that other launcher.. UBI-something-launcher, or was it Origin.."

Good times.

I've got a folder in which I place all links to installed games. Neat and simple. ;)

As I said before, I think most would agree that the ideal number of launchers is 1. But if they can't get their heads together to create an interoperable licensing system, I can live with using a simple client like Playnite to scrape all the others, and present one unified library.

Back
Top Bottom