BioWare - Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I'm really not estatic about this as I don't care much for MMO's. I'll wait and see if this actually can move MMO's to a place where I might be interested.

I would have been way more interested in an rpg based around the events that took place that caused the Sith and Jedi to seperate.

Dear moderators I'm REALLY sorry for the language i'm going to use.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK .This is the worst news I've heard in quite some time.Knights of the old Republic is one of my favorite 3D RPGs and they are turning it into an MMO?I have heard some rumors even back in 2007(or 2006) but I didn't want to believe it.Some people said Bethesda is raping Fallout with Fallout 3 but this is much worse.Ok Bioware wanted an MMO but did they have to do this to KotOR??Knights of the Old Republic was great cause of its story not cause of the damn Wookies.Whats next will the make Planescape 3-D MMO??Baldurs Gate 3-D MMO?I hope there wont be any Gothic MMO cause i'm going to abandon PC gaming.The main reason i have a PC is to play CRPG's but if this genre is ding or turning into Massive-Multiplayer-Online-(Wannabe)ROLEPlaying-Games .No thanks I better play FPS like Bioshock or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. For me it's like an act of treason to turn this wonderful game into a MMO.I hope Obsidian wont do something like that cause that would be the end of CRPGs
Are Fable and Fallout 3 what we want CRPGS to turn into?

It's Pigs! In! Spaaaaaace! for me also, we're all dated here.

I think that you'll see the Star Wars: Galaxies crowd migrate to this game moreso than the WoW crowd or the fans of the original Kotor games. I can't imagine anyone familiar with Bioware's game design habits getting really excited about this (unless they really love Star Wars), since an MMO basically deemphasizes anything in which Bioware has shown any competence.

Another amount of money saved.

No, thanks.

And I have a clear vision how it will look like: Thousands of people running around with lightsabres, trying to be so über-cool, and no-one actually wanting to play a "normal" character ...

Dear moderators I'm REALLY sorry for the language i'm going to use.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK .This is the worst news I've heard in quite some time.Knights of the old Republic is one of my favorite 3D RPGs and they are turning it into an MMO?I have heard some rumors even back in 2007(or 2006) but I didn't want to believe it.Some people said Bethesda is raping Fallout with Fallout 3 but this is much worse.Ok Bioware wanted an MMO but did they have to do this to KotOR??Knights of the Old Republic was great cause of its story not cause of the damn Wookies.Whats next will the make Planescape 3-D MMO??Baldurs Gate 3-D MMO?I hope there wont be any Gothic MMO cause i'm going to abandon PC gaming.The main reason i have a PC is to play CRPG's but if this genre is ding or turning into Massive-Multiplayer-Online-(Wannabe)ROLEPlaying-Games .No thanks I better play FPS like Bioshock or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. For me it's like an act of treason to turn this wonderful game into a MMO.I hope Obsidian wont do something like that cause that would be the end of CRPGs
Are Fable and Fallout 3 what we want CRPGS to turn into?
I don't really have a problem with this, in fact I will most certainly get the game. See, I enjoyed the first part of Age of Conan a lot, I would still be playing it if the whole game was like the first 10 levels (basically, a hybrid single-player/MMO). Sadly, after level 10 it was a pure MMO.
Supposedly, this game will emphasize story, so hopefully it'll be like the first 10 levels of Age of Conan.

3000 sith lords running around waving light sabers at eachother? What happened to ONE master and ONE apprentice?

the art direction also seems really bad. huge light sabers and weird proportions. Kind of kiddystyle alá WOW and the new animated clone wars film. I have slightly more hope for the fallout MMO being developed by interplay.

I agree about the art direction. Apparently they're trying to make it look like WoW. It's not working. It just looks like crap.

I already knew that this was coming, so I've gotten over the "KotOR becomes an MMO? NOOOOOO!!!" stage a little bit now, but this butt-ugly art style is even worse than the revelation that Dragon Age would be "omg soooo dark b/c we left out colorz and splattered everything in BLUD!"

And I used to love BioWare so much...

3000 sith lords running around waving light sabers at eachother? What happened to ONE master and ONE apprentice?

To be fair: That rule was invented after the Sith nearly destroyed themselves in endless conflicts and stasis. It was a way to let the Sith survive the Old Republic until the moment when they "could reveal themselves and have their revenge" or something along the lines.

That's the great thing about putting an MMO to the Old Republic era in Star Wars - that particular time had thousands of Sith and Jedi. They were much more common back then than in the time around Luke Skywalker & Co (a huge problem for Star Wars: Galaxies, that won't really be a problem for this MMO).

Also, I agree that the first 20 levels or AoC (not 10, the SP part ends at 20) were incredible. In fact, it's quite possibly the most polished, solid MMO experience I've ever had, so if BioWare could make something similar (but on a bigger scale), I'd be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom