E.Y.E. - Review @ GameSpot

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameSpot has reviewed E.Y.E., with the result a modest 7/10, which they label "good". This intro covers the main points:
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy is an unusual, engrossing, and maddening game that is unmistakably itself. This first-person role-playing action game may be painted with shades of Deus Ex, but its atmosphere and pace are unique, and this uniqueness keeps you engaged in the face of some uninviting elements. E.Y.E. is ambitious. It hands you guns, swords, and cybernetic skills, and then drops you into a chilling sci-fi world, letting you accomplish your goals in any way you see fit. It's also confusing and awkward, dropping unnecessary obstacles in your path proudly, as if to say, "These aren't bugs; they're features!" And so you might sometimes curse and grit your teeth, but you will also be entertained and perhaps even in awe at times. Once you've played E.Y.E., you aren't apt to forget it. Whether you remember it more for its oppressive futuristic ambience and impressive flexibility, or for how hard it works to alienate its own players, depends largely on how much patience you have.
More information.

Doesn't sound too bad but the timing is sure unfortunate with the new Deus Ex game just a few weeks out.

Hopefully they will work on fixing some of the issues. The Witcher 1 was in part ruined for me by the translations causing incomprehensible (for me) conversations. Had I known of that issue I would have waited for the updated translations. E.Y.E. seems to have the same issues from what I have been reading.

They might not be much alike, but they APPEAR to be very much alike.

I certainly expected E.Y.E. to have more Deus Ex about it - which was the primary factor in my wanting to get it.

Had I known it was just a really quirky multiplayer shooter with RPG elements, I'd have saved my money. But, that's on me for being impatient.

I have to agree. The pre-release material certainly made me expect some sort of indie-French-flavoured Deus Ex. It may be my fault for misunderstanding their actual direction but they didn't do much to show the true nature of the game.

I have to agree. The pre-release material certainly made me expect some sort of indie-French-flavoured Deus Ex. It may be my fault for misunderstanding their actual direction but they didn't do much to show the true nature of the game.

The launch trailer especially made it seem like a much different game than it really is.

Back
Top Bottom