Released kickstarter games

Added Magrunner to OP.It's puzzler, and according to reviews a good one, and I love puzzlers so I bought it but I haven't had time to play it yet.

Added Magrunner to OP.It's puzzler, and according to reviews a good one, and I love puzzlers so I bought it but I haven't had time to play it yet.

Let me know about that one after you've had a chance to play it. I've read that it's tied to H.P. Lovecraft in some way.

Let me know about that one after you've had a chance to play it. I've read that it's tied to H.P. Lovecraft in some way.

I played it between 2 and 3 hours today and I completed act 1 and played through act 2 a little. Story starts slow.There is no mentioning of Cthulhu or the deep ones until near the end of act 1 but after that story seems to pick up pace.So I can't comment much on story now I need to play more to get impression.From gameplay standpoint game is good, it's most similar to quantum conundrum but it's notably harder difficulty is around same as Q.U.B.E(harder than portal easier than Antichamber).As I said I will have to post my opinion of story after I have more complete impression but I am not getting my hopes up too high based on what I seen so far.On the other hand if you like first person puzzlers this is pretty safe buy but puzzles are not as cleverly designed as in Antichamber(best first person puzzler imo) or portal.

Last edited:
I noticed Fist Puncher was released on Steam today. Not sure how well-received it is yet.

I found older release(released 15. June 2012).Unemployment quest.Small campaign, author asked for 1k he got 10X that.It's jRPG, there is demo available if anyone wants to try.

@ JDR13 I didn't finish Magrunner but I had time to evaluate story.If you don't care about puzzlers skip this game, it really doesn't fell like something that is based on H.P. Lovecraft's books.No atmosphere at all.Honestly story so far feels pretty generic and has H.P.Lovecraft label slapped just for promotion sake.

Edit: I don't know why did they run campaign and asked for 100k, this is obviously publisher funded(Focus home interactive) game with budget far bigger than that.Maybe polish, but this is puzzler not strategy or RPG it doesn't require much polishing they could have got funds for polishing it by cutting out voice acting.

Last edited:
@ JDR13 I didn't finish Magrunner but I had time to evaluate story.If you don't care about puzzlers skip this game, it really doesn't fell like something that is based on H.P. Lovecraft's books.No atmosphere at all.Honestly story so far feels pretty generic and has H.P.Lovecraft label slapped just for promotion sake.

Thanks for the impressions. I was close to pulling the trigger on that one, but I think I'll pass on it now.

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded has launched. No reviews yet but it does look as promised.

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded has launched. No reviews yet but it does look as promised.

This is biggest KS game released yet.I am not big fan of series so I will probably skip this game.I haven't checked but by now there are probably lot of early impressions on Adventuregamers forum if anyone is interested, they will most likely have review soon.

Do not bother to check as I'm a regular (lurker) on adventuregamers site. No early impressions on new LSL.

Most of what I've found has confirmed that it's probably a good nostalgia buy for people who really liked the original and is something that should make the people who backed it quite happy. If the concept of a Leisure Suit Larry remake didn't excite you enough to want to back it in the first place, it might not be for you. The best jokes in it, the ones that aren't just normal leisure suit larry jokes, puns and cultural references are the ones that are best described as inside jokes for fans of the series. Otherwise it may come across as needlessly clunky and gratingly crude with the point of some of those things lost without the nostalgia.

Edit: Some reviews

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/l...hive/2013/06/27/larry-laffer-rides-again.aspx

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/leisuresuitlarryinthelandoftheloungelizards/2185/review.html

I wonder how many upcoming kickstarters will end up being like this one though - stuck in the idea of being a nostalgia project rather than bringing back the things that we loved without necessarily including baggage we didn't.

Last edited:
Legends of Dawn was released today, or early last night perhaps. Downloaded it but haven't played yet, as M&M 6 has totally pulled me in.

-Carn

Yup it's out, I won't be able to play it till tomorrow evening though. Bloody work. :(

Legends of Dawn was released today, or early last night perhaps. Downloaded it but haven't played yet, as M&M 6 has totally pulled me in.

-Carn

This one will be very interesting, but it's not totally a Kickstarter project as they came to Kickstarter quite late to get the funding to polish it off. Downloading now...

It sounds a lot like the Sacred games to me. Fortunately I like action RPG's and open world games quite a bit. I would like to hear some impressions. Maybe a comparison/contrast with the Sacred series...

Well this might have a chilling effect:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/07/double-fine-adventure-kickstarter-over-budget-delayed/

1st half of game delayed till 2014, 2nd half till 2015. Hopefully the other large kickstarters have been better at managing their budgets - particularly the ones which ended up much larger than expected. Also even more reason to hope that Obsidian's South Park game sells well as it will give them more breathing room if they run into similar issues.

Backers generally seem understanding so far and delays are pretty common in game development, though it does seem the degree of miscalculation on Tim's part here was pretty significant. It kind of reminds me of several Ted Talks that hit on the idea that people's instincts are ill suited to dealing with numbers much larger than we have fingers and unless they're actually doing the math are probably worse in their estimations than they suspect.

Last edited:
Is there any reason to think that a kickstarter funded game will be better managed than one funded by publishers? Quite the opposite, actually…

Back
Top Bottom