So what did you just grab from Steam's Summer Sale?

Wasn't Drankensang originally voiced in German? Seems crazy that the Steam version wouldn't include the original language.

When Steam was still a closed platform smaller publishers (thought they) had to license their product to 3rd parties to get into certain markets. DTP naturally retained the rights for their home country.

I'm considering Dragon's Dogma.

Prices are still too high for some AAA non-RPG games that have been on my watchlist for ages. The developers have wised up and don't drop the base prices of games much anymore. As such, a lot of the bigger name games are no longer landing below the $10 mark anymore, even at 75% off. For example, Rome II Total War came out in 2013 and is still retailing for $60.

On the plus side, my backlog is enormous anyways, so I will continue to wait. And I just grabbed Witcher 3, which is enormously fun.

I picked up Fallout 4 for 50% off. I knew I waited for a reason. The DLC's are too expensive so I will just look for mods. Hope there are some nice mods out there now.

That Fall of the Dungeon Guardians looks interesting. I am more into turn based but I may have to give it a try. Is it too fast paced or can you make tactical decisions? Does it just become hotkey smashing?

Verdun looked real interesting, a WW1 shooter! multiplayer only..... :(

So my cart is looking like:
Sniper Elite 3 - because seriously, a game where you snipe the majority of the time is great. One of the better FPS series I've played
The Deadly Tower of Monsters - ode to classic sci-fi and horror in a twin-stick shooter format, might be a good title for Sunday a.m. coffee
Learn Japanese to Survive - prolly like Typing of the Dead. While "Learn Spanish to Survive" is probably far more valuable in SoCal, i'm intruiged by the premise

really trying to resist Stranger in Sword City, right now couch-bound-TB-dungeon-crawler-on-television is my thing, but I'm convinced I can hold out until it's even cheaper. Backlog Jason, Backlog.... it's 30 bucks backlog.. backlog... 30 bucks...

Picked up guild 2 for 89 cent . Also bought the dwarf run, crysis and crysis warhead

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dead State is on sale for 5€. Should be the best price so far.

Unable to resist buying something in Steam sale, but not wanting to add to my backlog, I bought the steam controller (well I bought it from Amazon-they are matching the steam price-as Valve are not shipping to Australia yet). Not withstanding a dodgy exchange rate (damn you Brexit) I saved a good bit of cash!

Last edited:
Just picked up technomancer. Will probably be my only sale purchase.

I second that Dragons dogma plays great with M&K. I logged 90+ hours all with M&K.

Nothing. I missed the GOG sale and i will miss the Steam sales, too. What can i say...things happens...:biggrin:

I picked up Dragon's Dogma too but I think that game is best played with a control pad, not M+K…
That game has no UI problem.
It's problem is enormous amount of grind, unbearable in fact - it's best played with norespawn mod, but such mod doesn't exist.

Transistor
Castle in the Darkness
Lords of Xulima
Shelter 2 + DLC

Not bad for about $20

Recommendations:

Dead State: Reanimated ($5)- Fallout 1 & 2 style CRPG with strategy game elements (as you manage your shelter)

Age of Decadence ($15) - I think I've sung the praises of this game more than a few times. An amazing CRPG with lots of choice & consequence and replayability.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall ($2.99) - awesome Cyberpunk / Fantasy CRPG

Legends of Eisenwald ($6.59) A solid turn-based strategy / RPG…

Expeditions: Conquistador ($5) turn-based strategy / RPG in a refreshing historical setting; roleplay a conqueror or a diplomat

Last edited:
I bought Stardew Valley, Balrum, and E.Y.E. I'm playing Dead State now, its definately flawed, bit I've still poured over 50 hours into it. Its got a nice mix of gameplay elements, which have kept me playing it, despite what I think is a pretty poor presentation and too slow pace. I'd say you can't go wrong for $5, though.

Balrum was also released for GoG today, and if you paid for it via another means, you should get a GoG key sometime next week. Another great game on a superior platform!!!

The following have been added to my backlog…

Balrum
Bastion
Endless bundle which gained me Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless
Lords of Xulima
Zombie Army Trilogy

Back
Top Bottom