So what did you just grab from Steam's Summer Sale?

Renowned Explorers: International Society
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Last edited:
I can only say that my taste is quite different from his.
His reviews/previews are fantastic, noone makes such detailed technical analisys on a title. He's one of people that early spoke against cut out DLC while accepting cosmetic DLC as not hurting the industry. He was talking negatively about G2A for years before recent headlines, not because of credit card fraud and money laundry but because G2A kept a closed eye on it and showered those who hinted on it with hush money. He also states numerous times that FPS genre entries are best played with K+M which is my thoughts exactly - besides IMO autoaim is not gameplaying but a design close to QTE.

But when I saw in his reviews what is it that he likes… Man… No, I just couldn't play that stuff. Many of watchers can, and did, I just can't. I mean… For example Shadow of Mordor? The first game that asked 6GB of VRAM for ultratextures? A game that looks and probably plays like AC2, a game considered the best AC game that is not AC, while none of it's fans tried AC:Rogue? Gimme a break.
The sad thing? IMO he doesn't do enough RPG reviews nor made enough of RPG suggestions.

Anyway, I grabbed XCom 2 thanks to henriquejr passion.
Will start playing it probably tomorrow.

Nothing yet but hesitating between:
- The Dwarf Run
- Turok (for now only Steam has a Mac version)
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (99% chance I won't like, but Mac version and hard to find on sale elsewhere)
- Attractio (to try only, probably not play fully)

Otherwise I try avoid buy through Steam, if not my list would probably be longer.

grabbed some more

narco terror
dex
black mesa
hard reset redux
farcry 4
fallen a2p protocol
anomaly defenders
+some other cheap crap packs for cards :D

I just purchased that as well. I'm skeptical, but I keep hearing people talk about it, and the reviews seems mostly positive. It'll probably be my last purchase from Steam for a while.

i just finished it a few days ago, you just stand and snipe zombies all the time, no tactics, nothing, just like a slow paced left4dead; but i liked it, the levels and atmosphere were nice, i played it solo though, i think the game is designed to be played in coop

once enemies start firing back it gets a bit more challenging.
That said, I did play the NZA games on PS3, so it wasnt optimal as m/k interface

i just finished it a few days ago, you just stand and snipe zombies all the time, no tactics, nothing, just like a slow paced left4dead; but i liked it, the levels and atmosphere were nice, i played it solo though, i think the game is designed to be played in coop

Aren't there other weapons besides the sniper rifle?

yeah you have 3 slots - sniper, pistol and rifle/shotgun/bazooka + 4 slots for grenades/dynamite/mines but the shooting with other than sniper rifles is clunky; but zombies are slow anyway and much of the levels you see them from distance so you will use the sniper rifle most of the time :D

I played for a couple of hours today. It's fun. :)

It's nothing special as far as shooters go, but it was definitely worth the $10. My only complaint so far is weapon balance. Some weapons, like machine guns, seem underpowered compared to rifles and shotguns. Aiming is also inconsistent at times.

Not sure how far I'll get before getting burned out. It's a very repetitive game.

Nothing yet but hesitating between:
- The Dwarf Run
- Turok (for now only Steam has a Mac version)
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (99% chance I won't like, but Mac version and hard to find on sale elsewhere)
- Attractio (to try only, probably not play fully)

Otherwise I try avoid buy through Steam, if not my list would probably be longer.

So bought nothing, mildly ignoring mildly forgetting and letting date limit expires. But it seems The Dwarf Run is still in sale.

Now that Steam Summer Sale is finally over:

• Borderlands 2 Collectors Edition DLC
  • Battle Brothers
  • Hero Siege - Wrath of Mevius (Digital Collector's Edition) (DLC)
  • Life Is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
  • Massive Chalice
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense Content Pack (DLC)
  • System Shock Enhanced
  • Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Airborne (DLC)
  • Talisman - The Nether Realm Expansion (DLC)
  • I Shall Remain
  • Endless Legend - Shifters (DLC)
  • Age of Mythology EX: Tale of the Dragon (DLC)
  • Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms (DLC)
  • Elminage Gothic

Outside Steam, but yet in the "Summer Sale" subject:
  • The Technomancer (from Nuuvem)
  • Dishonored 2, receiving Dishonored 1 GOTY for free (from GMG, because they sent me a sweet 27% off voucher. And no, I never played Dishonored 1 :) )

Last edited:
Mordheim
Subnautica
Endless Legend DLC

Back
Top Bottom