DA:O Zero Punctuation *kinda* DA:O review

Dragon Age: Origins
I'm unsure what is funny there. I find it boring. The only review I liked there was Guitar Hero III. All others are... Yaaaaawn. ;)

For Yahtzee, that's a pretty positive review.

"Basically, if you like fantasy RPGs, then Dragon Age is about as definitive as they get. And if you don't like fantasy RPGs, then I guess you can just go off and have sex with people instead."

How is that not hilarious? As someone who's actually chosen games (like Dwarf Fortress) over non-monogamous sex from time to time, I just find it delightful that someone is out there keeping it real. Real bitter. What's great about Yahtzee is that he loves games, but he doesn't let us forget that we're all weirdos.

And we are.

Plus it's good to have a reviewer who's willing to focus on the specific parts of a game that rub him the wrong way, without burying his particular viewpoint in the middle of a 4-webpage description of the game (which you probably already read before the damned thing was released, or at the very least in one of the 2 or 4 reviews you'd read earlier).

Really *not* a review, it is always about finding a few flaws and pounding one them again and again ...

Well, I closed it half-way, wondering how I managed to stand it for that long anyway.

Really *not* a review, it is always about finding a few flaws and pounding one them again and again …

While I agree that it's not really a review, just a long protracted rant - he's not taking a few points and pounding on them - he's taking the entire game (and games of it's ilk) and their conventions and pounding on them. From the character choice, to the questing, to the dialogue, to mucking around at a merchant, he's covering all the bases - and basically skewering it. Which is fine, it's nothing that we wouldnt say ourselves, albeit in a different fashion of course, if the surrounding fluff and fun wasnt as good as it is.

He just rants on games, either you love him or hate him. I think it's hilarious. I have to watch it a couple times tho to really absorb the whole thing. "dragon age calls itself a 'dark fantasy', which is kinda cute really, like a D&D nerd getting his ear pierced because he fancies the goth girl who works at Starbucks" LOL

For me he is pretty spot on. Same old stuff as in most other fantasy role playing games, but done well and entertaining.

:) I think that was funny. Not as much a stab at Dragon Age in particular but the hobby in general!

He just rants on games, either you love him or hate him. I think it's hilarious. I have to watch it a couple times tho to really absorb the whole thing. "dragon age calls itself a 'dark fantasy', which is kinda cute really, like a D&D nerd getting his ear pierced because he fancies the goth girl who works at Starbucks" LOL

Agree - we all were talking about that stuff from the marketing campaign!

Back
Top Bottom