Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame spotted some previews for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:

Expansive DLC:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire PC - Preview

PC Gamer:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire lets you become a fearsome pirate, if you want

Breaking bad in Deadfire's expansive archipelago.

[...]

Obsidian could have just made Pillars again, with a new story and setting, and a lot of people would’ve been happy. But it’s exciting to know that Deadfire is so much more, bringing a thrilling seafaring element to the familiar fantasy role-playing. Naval combat, crew management, ship upgrades and piracy are just a few of the tantalising new additions to the Pillars formula, and it’ll be fascinating to delve into the strange culture, rituals and history of this vivid new setting. While the Dyrwood felt like a small chunk of a larger world, the Deadfire Archipelago is a great swathe of land and sea. I can’t wait to discover what intrigue, drama, and mysteries are waiting for me out there among the crashing waves.
Powerup Gaming:

Obsidian is trying to modernise tabletop video game RPGs with Pillars of Eternity 2

[...]

“You have to think about how the faction you’re siding with is going to react? How are your companions gonna react? There are a lot of options and every single thing you do will have a different outcome.

Video game RPGs aren’t likely to fully replace tabletop games. However, with Pillars of Eternity 2, Obsidian is taking strides to modernise tabletop RPGs and improve their video game counterparts.

I think if you play the game ten different times, you're probably going to get a different outcome every single time - Katrina Garsten, Producer at Obsidian Entertainment

If the passion and excitement Garsten has for Pillars of Eternity 2 are indicative of the entire team, Pillars of Eternity 2 is going to be the definitive tabletop video game RPG.
More information.

My understanding is that Katrina Garsten has left Obsidian, so that would be "former Producer". It couldn't have been that tooth-licking Jack episode, could it? Weird.

My understanding is that Katrina Garsten has left Obsidian, so that would be "former Producer". It couldn't have been that tooth-licking Jack episode, could it? Weird.

Well, she haven't yet changed her twitter title that says Obsidian Producer, but she did announce she was leaving.

The guess on the official forum is that she is moving to Sweden (her husband is from there).

It does look good but... jeez... so many isomorphics.

The first PoE didn't really grab me and I stopped playing sometimes after the first town you get to. This game is looking good, hopefully it will grab me this time.

The first didn't grab me either. I found battles tiresome and a bit of a mess. I'm not certain PoE 2 has improved those... we'll see I guess.

Looks pretty good, but I'd ditch the watcher&rest and go with new crew. But damn, everyone wants a pirate rpg, and no seems capable of pulling it off. Should be colorful, low lvl adventur with humor and Jack Sparrow in the lead, Obs is a bit too serious for that.

Back
Top Bottom