Gothic 3 End game - what do you think?

Danicek

Sentinel
I finished the game today (siding Inos/Rhobar) and I was really dissapointed by the style of the end game voicing/animation. Generally I expected something far more epic.

I find the credentials (that follow the end game animation) - with the music and the 'in memory...' far more 'epic' than the actual end game.

Just thought they could have done far better work on this.

What do you think?

i don't even remember the ending to the first game (minus the animation) where i sided with innos. my second ending however was great: side with adanos/xardas for a much more rewarding ending. people may debate it but it is the games 'true ending' as in the one that will most likely further the gothic saga.

Yeah I have always liked Xardas, the only one whom hasn't lied or mislead, nor does he murder or imprision innocents in the name of a god, sounds like a rather nice fellow to have a bit of ale with. ;)

I killed Xardas in my game, he won't be back in G4 :)

I also was surprised at how quickly it ended, but I attributed that to how I handled much of the mid-game ... so I wasn't disappointed.

I was suprised at how it ended, but in the bad way. For some reason it didnt seem like I accomplished much in the game, and that the ending was anti-climatic. I mean, in Gothic 1 I Defeated the sleeper. But here my greatest accomplishment was aquiring the Paladin Armour, and the game ended with no real imagination. I killed Zuben. THats all!!!

BTW, What ever happened to Gorn? It didnt show in the end for me???

He was rebuilding the Gotha in my ending, had a nice little vintigette for him but Lee got the best ending, well in my game. ;)

I just finished it for the first time siding with Xardas/Adanos as a caster. The end is a real cool-off imo. I didnt even want to bother liberating any citys after killing Rohbar and Zuben. I agree with previous posters that the game all-in-all is unrewarding. I found myself playing most of the time waiting for something cool to happen, or some cool artifact or perk to find. What i enjoyed in the game is that there are lots and lots of lp's to use but as a caster you really dont need that much. I'm going to try roll a hunter, that is archer/dwielder with hunting and smithing and maybe tame animal with heal other spell, that could be more fun in gameplay.

PS can i tame a black troll :leer:

I'm afraid not, the biggest animals are not tameable. Also, you can't use animal form to become the biggest animals either. I think the biggest animal these spells work on is the shadowbeast. Truth be told, all followers now will pretty much only serve as tanks, as their damage is relatively low, but if you have "heal other" you can basically let them tank anything, including black trolls.

Followers can help you a lot when fighting big, tough enemies, but will not do much for you when you try to liberate cities (too many opponents, so most will attack you instead of your follower). You should probably have some sort of backup plan for such battles.

Oh, by the way, archery works wonders. Dualwielding is nice when people get close, but the real bonus of such a build is the archery - it is one of the more solid aspects of combat in Gothic 3, once you get the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom