Gothic 3 Chalice Quest fixed

Can this work with old save games, or I have to start from scratch?

From user comments, it looks like this can be done with old saves as well. However, the whole thing is completely untested, of course. No one knows right now if the user fix might have unforeseen consequences or if it affects the game in any other positive or negative ways. It's a community fix and the community will have to test it as well :) .
Personally, I'm planning on using it right before this part in the story and then I'll delete it again right afterwards to make sure it doesn't mess with anything else. Hans Trapp said it should be safe to install/uninstall the fix at any time.

This could be the beginning of a fan-made Gothic 3 restoration project

-> fix quests
-> new better rewardings for solved quests

Hmmm... thanks, Bart, but that site is pretty semi-professional :) . I didn't even know they had this traffic limit crap anymore. This stuff sooo reminds me of the 90s...

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

But I can top this. I have an even more semi-professional link for you guys :biggrin: . Here: http://www.akella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9056&page=2
It's all in Russian and contains a bunch of Gothic III mods. Luckily a lot of them are named after what they do or fix so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what they are for and then there's also Valfaris' Gothic III 1st aid kit that you can download from here . It is a compilation of fixes/mods from that Russian page that he deemed helpful and useful.

What's also quite interesting is that the Russians have apparently fixed two missing/broken perks (Fire Mage and Heavy Armor) as a 'thank you' in exchange for the Frithjof fix. Check it out right here .

"Gigabyte patch"... my ass... PB have now officially been proven to be n00bs :biggrin: .

Last edited:
What's also quite interesting is that the Russians have apparently fixed two missing/broken perks (Fire Mage and Heavy Armor) as a 'thank you' in exchange for the Frithjof fix. Check it out right here .

They say it is compatible with the european and russian version, only.

They say it is compatible with the european and russian version, only.

Oh, so that's what they meant at the end of the post. Thanks for deciphering the secret Russian code, HiddenX :biggrin: .

So let me get this straight:

If you need to combine more than one fix that includes the files:
Projects_compiled.p01 , infos.p01 you just have to change the extentions
to .p02 .p03 etc ?

Also do you actually need to remove compiledinfos_G3_World_01.bin from
the paks as the russians say because Hans Trapp doesnt mention this in
his read me for the chalice quest fix ?

Anyone tried this ?

The chalice fix should work with all Gothic 3-versions.

frithjof (Nordmar warrior) was the 12th Paladin. You could not give him the
chalice...

This is a nice set of fixes, I still cannot say if they work though since I didnt keep my old saves and I have to restart the game...

Also unfortunately some involve changes in the same files (see above) I
babelfished some of the readme's and they seem to imply that changing the
extensions of the files should work...

Oh well I will be able to see myself if the fixes are working combined after a couple of dozens of hours play :) ...

Was frithjof the guy in the monastery? Cuz I finished that quests with no trouble.

The 12th Paladin is Frithjof of the Fire Clan.

no nameless hero you are correct. there was nothing wrong with the quest. some people though unsatisfied with a)using the chalice to gain paladin magic yourself or b)turn them into the orcs wanted a third option so much that they simply wouldn't except either of those 2 options. they wanted to give it to some one else even though there is no one and doesn't need to be (before the age of 5 most people can count to 12 so i have no doubt that pirahna bytes can as well) since it hangs around in the quest log?(i forget). seriously like all gamers i have my cases of ocd with some games but the amount of hours people have pulled their hair out over this is sadening. kudos to those making steps to and spending their efforts on helping to fix up the game i only wish they would focus maybe on things that were actually broken or missing first.

here come the stones...

@nameless hero: Count it again and know that Milten is a novice from within the colony. After all the story goes: The twelve best magicians of the Kingdom ...
You will see that in this case PB, as you so dellicately put it, didn't reach the level of a 5y old. ;)

You can't use the 12th chalice yourself to get the paladin skill. Simple reason: The chalice quest is a sidequest, you don't even have to complete it to get the paladin skill - all you have to do is side with Innos, and Rhobar will grant you the skill. They are not related in any way.

For some reason the chalice quest is listed as a main quest. This is, in fact, wrong. It's an optional quest and no ending requires it to be completed as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom