Hand of Fate 2 - Review @ KGK

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
KGK has reviewed Hand of Fate 2:

Hand of Fate 2 - The KGK Review!

Having not played the previous installment in the series, Hand of Fate, as I’m not a fan of card based games, I decided to give the sequel, Hand of Fate 2 a chance. May as well keep an open mind and see what all the hype is about. It’s also worth noting, that I don’t board the hype train these days, as I can guarantee that they will derail for me in some way or another. So it’s with caution that I installed, then booted up Hand of Fate 2 wondering what lay ahead for me.

After the game had loaded, and shown me that I’d be face to face with a mysterious card dealer and story teller, who is fully voiced and covered in wraps to hide his identity, I realised that this was taking place in a dark, wooden caravan. The table at which you sit, is where the cards are placed, and this is where your adventure begins, and it was far from what I expected. Cards are taken from a deck and placed down in front of your where a small character to represent you will move along one card at a time. Seems reasonable enough and even though it’s not something I’d have ever imagined myself playing, considering something like this boring, I was entranced. Each card had a different effect on me, and the world around me. Would I find treasure, a place to stay on my journey, a troop of ne’er do wells to hand out justice too? I was genuinely intrigued, and wanted to find out more about the world around me.

[...]

Overall, Hand of Fate 2 is a game unlike any other on Xbox One. There’s plenty of exploring to get yourself involved in, plenty of equipment to discover and unlock, and a mysterious man who doesn’t seem to have picked a side, and instead guides you gently further towards your end goal. I couldn’t recommend it more, even to those who wouldn’t normally consider purchasing a game like this. The price isn’t to be sniffed at either, and it’s a worthwhile investment. You will get your value for money, and once is all said and done, you won’t regret it.

Overall Score 9/10
More information.

Played HoF 1, can't recommend it. It was smoothly done if you like the gameplay, but dull.

Back
Top Bottom