Matt Chat - The Importance of Toaster Repair and More

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Matt has interviewed Brian Fargo and David Rogers about Wasteland 3, Bard's Tale and more:

Matt Chat 458: Brian Fargo and David Rogers on Wasteland 3

Brian Fargo returns with David Rogers to chat about the best CRPG since New Vegas: Wasteland 3! We talk about the game's story, mechanics, skill systems, and much more. Other topics include VR and AR. Brian sticks around later to answer some questions sent in by Matt Chatters.
More information.

I love how they give this on-the-flight arbitrary titles. "Best CRPG since New Vegas".

It's a good RPG, but a product can't be praised when it releases as such a buggy, unplayable mess, especially if you were trying to coop or you wanted to switch characters in your party, for example.

There are games like Pillars of Eternity, or D:OS2 that easily blow WL3 out of the water without breaking a sweat, not because I say it, but because the reviews of both critics and end-users state it.

But sure, the guy had Brian Fargo on air and had the irresistible need to suck up. A very human behaviour in the other hand.

BPLeNl6

https://imgur.com/BPLeNl6

That's just off the top of my head. Interesting how WL3 is also the game that shows a bigger discrepancy between critic reviews and user reviews. Brian Fargo seems to have a lot of charm in the industry, which earns anything he touches higher scores from "professional journalists", but the game, when in the hands of actual players, isn't that great, is it?

Last edited:
I'll never understand toaster repair. It's basically an in-game Wasteland joke.:roll:

They would have to be remasters not enhanced versions for me to play them. What comes to mind is the old saying you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
To put "lipstick on a pig" means making superficial or cosmetic changes to a product in a futile effort to disguise its fundamental failings.
Yes.. Yes.. how dare I make fun of the beloved old Gold Box RPG's.:p

I also think old goldbox games are unplayable at the moment, even if you do stuff like modernising the UI or the screen resolutions, those "enhanced" versions always fall short. Quality remakes should be good, always good to have more RPGs to choose from.

They would have to be remasters not enhanced versions for me to play them. What comes to mind is the old saying you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Yes.. Yes.. how dare I make fun of the beloved old Gold Box RPG's.:p

Like a silk purse from a swine's ear?

Proverbs 22:11 said:
As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.

Barf spare me the holy scripture quotes.:puke:

Wut?! Care to explain?
Enhanced versions of all the Gold Box titles like what they did with Bards Tale and Wasteland 1 games should be a no brainer too!

With Microsoft having clout and $$$ I am feeling that perhaps they can talk with Wizards of the Coast about Krome remaking these games. I agree it should be a no brainer.

..talk with Wizards of the Coast about Krome remaking these games

Oh man, I thought something was brewing! I heard there's a bunch of Wizards videogames in the works, some haven't been announced yet but I guess most are probably mobile/GAAS trash.
The name 'Goldbox' still has a lot of recognition in gaming, t'would be a shame if its not being revisited.

Oh man, I thought something was brewing! I heard there's a bunch of Wizards videogames in the works, some haven't been announced yet but I guess most are probably mobile/GAAS trash.
The name 'Goldbox' still has a lot of recognition in gaming, t'would be a shame if its not being revisited.

It would be a shame indeed. Of course something may very well be happening so who knows.

Couch that was a goofy ass video. Was it a parody or is somebody actually making that dreck?

Couch that was a goofy ass video. Was it a parody or is somebody actually making that dreck?
No it's a real game from a new studio. :nod:

Link - https://darkalliance.com/
Join up to 4 friends, online or on the couch, and battle iconic monsters from Dungeons & Dragons in a new co-op action RPG.
A few news-bits were also posted but not under it's name on this site.

I agree and was I very surprised when Swen announced he was making BG 3. :nod:

Guess we have crowd-funding games to thank. As it showed them SP D&D Like RPGs still have a niche audience. Before that WoTc just licensed MMO's and action games.

Back
Top Bottom